What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any ideas on how to get the effect shown in this picture? Like TV faded colors

oskarphoto

Hi Guys,

I've been trying to get this effect on photoshop. I thought about creating 3 layers with the same image and having the images slightly unaligned (to give that ghost or faded trace). Then changing the hue in blue, red and yellow (one for each color shown on the picture) and for the natural colors (face) adding a 4th layer with an original image but desaturating it just a bit. I tried this idea but couldn't get the effect so I want see if any of you have better ideas.

Note: I don't care about the horizontal lines shown on the pic, just to get the faded effect or those 3 colors.

Thank you

Attachments

• tvfade.png
    tvfade.png
    171.6 KB · Views: 31
Hi Guys,

I've been trying to get this effect on photoshop. I thought about creating 3 layers with the same image and having the images slightly unaligned (to give that ghost or faded trace). Then changing the hue in blue, red and yellow (one for each color shown on the picture) and for the natural colors (face) adding a 4th layer with an original image but desaturating it just a bit. I tried this idea but couldn't get the effect so I want see if any of you have better ideas.

Note: I don't care about the horizontal lines shown on the pic, just to get the faded effect or those 3 colors.

Thank you

isn't there a filter that creates lines? I haven't used PS in a while (gimp user) but I am pretty sure that there is a tool that will erase every other row of an image.

try duplicating the layer, find that effect, use it, and then set the layer mode to overlay.

Tstandiford: Thank you for your input... however I said is not the lines what interest me. And I did try to find a filter but since that is obvious i thought it wasn't necessary to state. Do you have any technical ideas on how to get that effect going?

hm, no idea how to create this, but the image looks prety cool with green/red 3D glasses on ^^

It seems like a "Scanline" effect with harsh contrast by a mirrored gaussian blurred overlay & color distortion, which is what low quality analog televisions usually produce, Google it. I could tell you how to do it but there are tutorials out there that will probably be easier for you than what I would tell you, and it saves meh the time lol.

Last edited:

Back