What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone need this???

Thanks Mark very, very much.

No wonder :(| after so many try`s ( distort and painting shedows and highlights ) I overlooked so important part of the effect. I will do it again. :perfect:

I like how you use the pattern on your example, discreet way. :perfect:

ahem, makes me a bit embarrassed. But something went wrong completely I guess. My problems start with step six. I don't know, what layer to colorize and then afterwards I don't have a black layer anymore, since I made it green. I am stuck ;\
And what for do I need the layer with the lines?

Also in step 4 I should hide the selection crtl +H, after selecting everything with crtl +A. Crtl + H brings down the raster, maybe due to my german version, but doesn't hide the selection. So I left this step out and continued with making the thickness of my type.
Maybe that's what went wrong?

Hanarky ;\

%} I like what I'm seeing here!

B7 A new tute to check out! Looks great Mark and I can't wait to get my hands on it! :perfect:

Great work everyone! :}

uuufffffff!
Worked whole night at this pic with hundreds of restarts and a lot of try and error. I guess, my lighning and shadows sucks a lot, but I find it looks good :perfect:
As to the crtl + H command in my previous post, so that worked too, I only had the wrong settings, so that it always showed the grid. So that is solved too.
Hope, my pic isn't too bad in the eyes of the experts, lol.

Hanarky

Very nice job Hanarky. Looks great. :perfect: Perhaps just a little Gaussian Blur on the shadow would look nice. Everything else is fine. And i'm glad to see you found your solutions by trying and trying again. Good for you. [honesty]

Thank you :D

I have added a gaussian blur now, that made it. I thought already in the pic posted here, that the black shadow is a bit hard, so I lowered the opacity of that layer to 50%. Damned, didn't even think of blurring, though it is one of my favorite filters. Looks much better now.

Hanarky

Hanarky, you've progressed by leaps and bounds! :}

Nicely finished off... it looks great! :perfect:

ljiljana said:
I did this one the best I could..trush can was very busy. [honesty]

Mark
I've done one other thing to my type for effect. See if you can tell what i've done to add to the look.

I think that you add pattern overlay and a stroke. ;)

Tell us, pls. :)
Eh, ljiljana.... isn't it suppose to be "psg" not "csg" ??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: [oops] :\ Or am I missin somehtin? [stuned] [saywhat]

Alistair ..if we accept new name: CS (aka Photoshop 8).. :rofl:

:perfect: Nice tutorial... interesting technique, Mark! :perfect:

Looks awesome, wbiss.
Especially the colour combination :perfect:

hm, reminds me, that I forgot the text in my pic. Will have to do it again :shocked:

Hanarky

Thanx Mark and Hanarky! :)

Back