What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Asking for Assistance with New Logo

AlwaysLearning

Hey guys,

So I'm wanting to create a new logo design for my friend's shop because the old logo that was created, just isn't working any longer. I've attached a copy of what the logo looks like now. I've also attached a copy of a turbo because I'm wanting a turbo incorporated into the new design somehow. My first thought was to incorporate an outline of the turbo.

For colors, I would like to stay with the orange and black but font is not set in stone.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Gavin

Why not use the banner for inspiration?

If you really want to use the turbo, you might put the HIS up where it says garrett, and curve the Motor Sports around the bottom of the tubular portion.

And get rid of some of the excess of the turbo, maybe even use threshold or some filter to make it a shape. Or you can trace the shape with the pen tool and use what portions you want or just use the outlines.

Here's an idea. I had some time to play. My method uses the pen tool for a few things but there are other ways that can get the job done. It's a simple task to remove the bg since the edges are so well-defined. I just swept the quick select around it then masked the bg away.

I'd love to write out a tutorial for you. Let me know. Oh, I'm not saying that this is what you want, lol. Just throwing out ideas.

turbo.jpg

Last edited:
I guess what I'm really kind of looking for, and I apologize I wasn't specific as I don't think I even knew "exactly" what I was looking for, is something like this. This is a logo for AMS Performance. Maybe use a cartoony looking turbo and possibly have the name of the shop coming out of the turbo. There could be like a smoke effect as the H in HIS comes out of the turbo and then the rest of the text fades in after that. The AMS logo is just to give an idea of the turbo being cartoony or like an outline of the turbo itself.

amslogo-1.jpg

Back