What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Automotive Photography

tonygphoto

If you look at my home page slide show, it will give you an idea of my shooting style. I'm always looking for more ways to make my photos pop.
[url]http://www.tonygphotography.com/[/URL]
Here's a list of the few things I do to make an image pop.
RAW window:

crop to tweak the composition
bump up the vibrance
clarity if needed
white balance adjustments
vignetting (only added if it brings out the subject)

CS5:

remove any stickers radar detectors etc... using cloning tool or similar.
remove anything else that detracts the viewer.
(If the image needs a tad bit more sharpening) I copy the layer apply a high pass filter and the layer style to overlay. It usually only takes about a 1 or lower to do the trick.
then save as jpeg.
And that's about it. It's a short and sweet way to process them.

I'm wondering if you guys have any other idea's I can try out. Besides HDR, That's been over done.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi tony,
totally agree about HDR, been way to overdone in photography recently.
Your website isn't displaying properly for me, there's no CSS displaying, just black text, white background and thumbnails.
If you want to make the car stand out more, try creating a new layer, using a large black brush create a fade to black on that layer, set the layer to overlay and bring down the opacity slightly.
That should make the car stand out a bit from the background

Tim

Hi tony,
totally agree about HDR, been way to overdone in photography recently.
Your website isn't displaying properly for me, there's no CSS displaying, just black text, white background and thumbnails.
If you want to make the car stand out more, try creating a new layer, using a large black brush create a fade to black on that layer, set the layer to overlay and bring down the opacity slightly.
That should make the car stand out a bit from the background

Tim

Try this link

Have you updated your flash?
Which web browser are you using?
It works on every computer and web browser I have tried.

Hi Tony

I like the website, especially the pictures of red Ferrari's! They really seem to stand out. I'm also a fan of the ones where the car has clearly caught the eye of a passer by, that really enhances the car in my opinion - nice touch :)

Welcome to PSG Tony.

Thank you. :mrgreen:

webwize:

Thanks. I've shot lots of car shows. I find it easier to include the people in the composition rather than waiting for a clear shot of the car. It takes proper timing and logistics to capture the moment. Since I shoot for the events, it's just as important to capture the people as it is the cars. Here recently I've been using a scissor lift to get up high enough. In the past I would carry a 6' ladder around. Anything to make my shots different from the others that are taken the same day.

That's why I here on this forum. I want to learn different techniques to further advance the quality of my photography.

Hi Tony

I like the website, especially the pictures of red Ferrari's! They really seem to stand out. I'm also a fan of the ones where the car has clearly caught the eye of a passer by, that really enhances the car in my opinion - nice touch :)

I desaturate most of all the other colors to make all the reds pop out of the photo. It takes your eyes around the photo and not just on the car.

DSC4861-M.jpg

Last edited:
Try this link

Have you updated your flash?
Which web browser are you using?
It works on every computer and web browser I have tried.
Yeah, my flash is updated, I was using Raven, thought that might have been the problem however no; It isn't working on Firefox either.

Tim

Yeah, my flash is updated, I was using Raven, thought that might have been the problem however no; It isn't working on Firefox either.

Tim

Have you tried Google Chrome or Internet Explorer? I haven't tried Ravan. It works with my FireFox, Safari, Opera etc...

Is anyone else having a problem? I know certain computers are unable due to admin security settings. IE my brother can not see the page from his work computer. He told me he had the same problem.

Tim

I made some changes to the site. I got rid of some code that didn't need to be there. Could you try it again with Raven?

Tried again, still not working. Probably something disabled by my network administrator.
I'm a real hipster though so use raven :D
I can say the website loaded quicker this time though, how much code did you remove?

P.s. this is one of the problems with a flash based website, you should try having a link saying 'not displaying properly? Click here'
which then links to a much more dumbed down version of the site but where the content is more accessible.

Tim

Tried again, still not working. Probably something disabled by my network administrator.
I'm a real hipster though so use raven :D
I can say the website loaded quicker this time though, how much code did you remove?

P.s. this is one of the problems with a flash based website, you should try having a link saying 'not displaying properly? Click here'
which then links to a much more dumbed down version of the site but where the content is more accessible.

Tim

I started this thread to learn about photoshop. Instead I get ideas to make my website better. LOL That's awesome. :yourock: I took off the code that took you to my face book page. I'm going to have to find a way to put it back on a different way.

Raven, shows you how hip I am, I've never heard of Raven.

:D I tried to help with the photoshop but was just drawn in by the web design!

Don't worry, no one has heard of raven, it's a Mac OSX only browser thats still in Beta

Tim

:D I tried to help with the photoshop but was just drawn in by the web design!

Don't worry, no one has heard of raven, it's a Mac OSX only browser thats still in Beta

Tim

A friend is helping me with my new website. I can't wait for it togo online. I will tell him to make it mac friendly.

Don't worry, anything firefox friendly should be good on a mac.
There's no real different in how things are presented on the web, apart from maybe some fonts, but thats it.

Tim

Back