What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul

Former Member
I thought i would start a thread asking why you have the avatar you do and what it means to you.
Mine are all either my own creation or added to Googles.
They have no meaning just meant to catch the eye or make you laugh, this current one is of the now dead Kim Jong, i made him into a Hollywood wannabe i did it for a contest on another site.

Hoogle

Guru
Mine was just a logo reveal for a youtubers intro and then thought I like it for myself and down sized it and converted to a gif. however decided it was not good enough for the person I was creating it for well not really any relevance to his channel and did not want to waste 7 hours of rendering time so swapped the name over recoloured it took away a lot of the effects and made a simple avatar out of it.

ibclare

Queen Bee
I gave up on using anything that resembles my face too!

The one Paul so graciously animated will shortly be gone. My ladies sensitive feelings were irreparably damaged. Oh the swooning. You missed it Paul!

So I usually use part of something created on PSG: from a challenge or a request. My favorite so far was following "hoogle's workflow" in which I glam'd up a girl's face, then I took her a step beyond into the realm of the exquisitely surreal, her eyes glowing with . . . OK, OK . . . stop with the melodrama already!

Paul

Former Member
Sorry my swooning days are long gone, alls fair in avatar wars you should know that.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Oh darn, I was just running back in with the ammonia salts for you. Excuse me, smelling salts.

LOL.....

Let's see... When I came back to the forum, the new, bigger sizes intrigued me. Not like before the avatars were small ones.

Couldn't think of anything but I had a test render of LIZAD from my first try with him and dedided to use it since I took care of 2 monitor lizards at the time. iDad started calling me lizard boy coz of the pix I posted of me and my newly acquired (captured) monitor lizard , I played along and before you know it , he became my imaginary naughty sidekick..... lol.... gross.....

Paul

Former Member
I've changed mine already lol, it's the clapper board from any show or movie - simple gif made me laugh.

Dreamers

Guru
Mine is a self taken image in my backgarden from a flower next to a lightball. Experimenting with my camera for while and some funny images came out of it :)

Paul

Former Member
Hey, where you been, and why so sneaky?

Paul

Former Member
Exactly Clare, those are Lizards favs.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
i don't know why i made my avatar, i think it was a tiny dig at the newbies saying "can you do this for me I'm crap at photoshop" okay so they wasted all that money buying software when they just end up asking someone half way around the world to do it for them? and the figure it out genius bit double meaning, figure out how to use photoshop, and for people who didn't understand the doable/youable bit.

probably harsh, but i put it in a less so context.

and like i said, don't ask about the pac man bit, i just like pac man.