What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Batch Automation Batch merge

warings

Hello all

What I am trying to do is this. I have background.jpg, and need to place one of 270 photos (all in one folder) in a specific spot on the background, save the image as a new name and then print that image. So in the end I would end up with 270 unique images.

Is that possible with out doing them one at a time?

Hello,

I'm sure this can be done by creating an action and then running a batch process.

If you've never used actions before they are fairly simple:
1. Select Window->Actions to open the actions panel.
2. In the actions panel click the 'create new action' icon in bottom right corner.
3. Name the action and click Record.
4. Follow the exact steps you want to do with every image on one image (i.e. open the file, position, save and print only one image)
5. Click the stop button in the actions panel when you're done.

Once you have your action created run a batch process as follows:
1. Select File->Automate->Batch...
2. Select all your options in the dialog that appears. In the actions drop down choose the new action that you just created. In the source dropdown choose 'Folder' and it should allow you to browse for the path.
Check the box 'override action "open" commands'.
Choose a location to save the images. It allows you to enter a name for the saved files as well as numerical increments or other conventions. Again check override the save as commands.
3. Click OK. The action will now be played on all the files in the folder.

I've never personally tried to print using an action but with a quick google search it seems to be possible in CS5.
There is a script available for printing in CS4 that you can get here:
Print command in Actions does not print in Photoshop CS4

I hope this helps
Barbara

Last edited:

Back