What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beach still

gidgit said:
Stumyster... you rock... and don't let anybody ever tell you any different... we know who you are... a gentlman, an artist, and.... a very cool to have around, cg buddy :)

not to mention that you be one of the cool Mod Sqaud team here at Mark's fine community... so yea...remember kids... let's respect our mods eh...

Keep those worx a flowing Stu... you be doing just fine... :)

Cheers Gidge much appreciated bud :perfect:

Alistair said:
Chester said:
Somebody posts an image and nobody comments? [stuned]

Here are some suggestions/comments:

- All shadows are too dark. Especially near a beach (and water) you?ll have a lot of global illumination
- 5 different stones and 5 different textures? doesn?t look natural
- the left stone looks like plastic
- the pail needs specular highlights
- blue rope? I would rather like to see a real rope (this one is personal)
- the water looks like oil, not like water.
- the shadows on the pail aren?t smooth
Lemmi see whats WRONG with youre comments... umm. Well all you are doing is saying what is bad, what YOU dont like, and barely anything of what would look better not in just youre eyes, but many eyes. Also... umm, wheres the positive stuff? [honesty] Its no prob though.. im the opposit of you, i can't find anything to ctiticize because it is perfect (cept >>>stu...<<< dont you think since its on the beach that water might be more see through or more clear?. :D
Good work stu :perfect:

Thanks Alistair I appreciate that also :D

The water ya you are right there bud,but sometimes balancing light with texture/surface can be a real pain in the butt :)

Chester - Many of your crits had good validity,but the way you put them across sometimes lacks some finesse shall we say.

Stu.

Good work Stu :rofl: only thing that is missing is the bikini :rofl:
This will keep me warn as I shovel the snow off the driveway :perfect:

BTW who let the dogs out }:\

there's Rick... thinking of bikini's once again :D good on you Rick :D :D

Yea Stu, go buddy go... you will get it the way ya likes... of this I have no doubt at all... :perfect:

Ahhh...at least here it isn't snowing. Yet...

But a good glass of wine and some candles can match the beach.
For a few months.
Six? Eight?

Now some sunglasses!
And a straw hat!
And the grrrls

(leave those bikinis home. hahaa! nothing more beautiful than Mother Nature' creations.)

I will quote myself
Good, constructive observations though... Pity you don't have a knack to articulate them convincingly or in a manner that is receptive...
Chester, please pay attention to the "pity you don't...." part of my commentary. ;)

There's nothing wrong with good constructive criticism and we all appreciate that. :perfect:

What nobody appreciates, though, is an insensitive approach to delivering same. [stuned]

Honesty is one thing... tactfulness quite another and equally as important. :)

Should you ever learn to balance the two, you will find that your words/critiques/suggestions will be much better received and valued. [excited]

Let's continue to 'nurture' one another positively. It's so vitally important to the creative and human spirit. ;)

ok, i haven't even bothered to read the rest yet, so sorry if someone has said this stuff -

We all know who said it:
you seldom see 5 single large stones on a beach that size that look so different.

Well, that would depend on the length of time that the rocks have been sitting there, the amount of erosion they had been subjected to, the material they were made from... not to mention numerous other contributing factors.

make sure that you are talented

Don't recall anyone mentioning this factor when they asked you to post some of your own work for us to comment on (constructively %} ) before you continued to comment - but needless to say, yes, we are yet to see if you are talented at anything other than slinging off!

Cheers all :D

Ok heres a better one with better lighting :)

Bikinis,straw hats and wine glasses,its a beach scene not a department store [slick] :D

Stu:Bikinis,straw hats and wine glasses,its a beach scene not a department store
Geez... you're no fun to go to the beach with! :p [:I :D

:perfect: It's looking even better Stu!

I have a small suggestion that I think would make a big difference. I like the way that you've wrapped the sand around the base of the pole to give it the "sunken in" impression. I would suggest that you use the same technique with the rocks and the pail so that they don't look like they're sitting 'flat' on top of the sand... ;) mho...

I would still like to see your big toe being bitten by a crab he he he well done mate :perfect:
sfm

Back