What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Being Left Handed

SMOk3

Power User
I was looking through some threads and noticed this image:

Do such establishments not cater for left handed people like myself?
It can be a pain at times being a Southpaw

Many (too many) moons ago when I was at school, we used to all have a desk to sit behind.

Just curious after seeing it that's all..

Attachments

• aBcE8YmH.jpg
    aBcE8YmH.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 8

polarwoc

Guru
It is definitely seems inconsiderate towards lefties, but seeing these sorts of things as a challenge develops versatility, adaptability and innovation in the lefties. Guess that is why a greater percentage of lefties turn out to be gifted.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Having lived my life as a left handed person, I can tell you with an absolute yes, there is a huge bias against left handed persons in the US.

This may have changed since, but from Elementary to University, I never had left handed desk. I can also tell you that it was (and still is) almost impossible to find anything made for lefties, such as scissors, ball gloves. My Father was a big hunter and we could never find left hand operated shotguns or hunting rifles. No left handed fishing reels. I was interested in music when I was younger and tried a variety of instruments, in those days none were made for a lefty. Although they may make some now, I had never ever seen a left handed camera. We lefties are forced to hold and operate a camera in our right hands. I could go on but there's really no point. Just adapt and move on.

Things have changed somewhat over the years, but there's no question that there is a bias against left handed persons.

SMOk3

Power User
Sam I never even realised about the cameras. I used to use them on a regular basis in the early 90's.
Fishing reels, I used to do a lot of trout fishing (frustratingly). And about shooting. I went to but a new rifle
for rabbits etc, but when I mentioned a left handed stock, the guy said it would be an extra £100.

The rifle would have been £600 if I'd been right handed, but being left it went to £700.

"Just adapt and move on" That's all we can do or have to do.

ethanscott

I was looking through some threads and noticed this image:

Do such establishments not cater for left handed people like myself?
It can be a pain at times being a Southpaw

Many (too many) moons ago when I was at school, we used to all have a desk to sit behind.

Just curious after seeing it that's all..
Being left handed myself, I did find a lot of issues while writing on this stupid thing.
Glad I am done with these stupid chairs. It was just a pain.