What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bending curve on background colors

Jbninc

Dear all,

I've seen a lot of web banners online, that use the same effect, where they have a bending curve on the background of a banner that seperates two colors, like the beneath banner does with white and grey. I would like to learn to do the same effect, so I can do that myself on my frontbanner on my webshop.

Can anyone help me with a tutorial how to do this effect?

Best regards
Jesper Nielsen

banner.JPG

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome.

This is very easy
One layer white...
Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 7.57.14 AM.png

One layer grey.
Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 7.57.26 AM.png

Add a layer mask to the uppermost layer...in this case the grey layer by clicking the "Add layer mask" icon located at the bottom of the layers panel. Make sure this layer mask is selected by clicking on it. The layer mask will have white brackets around it when selected. (LAYER MASKS)

Use the Pen Tool set to path to create a path in the shape you desire...
Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 7.55.52 AM.png

Convert the path to a selection by right clicking and choosing "make a selection".
Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 7.56.12 AM.png

Fill the selection with black. Hit Cmd/Cntrl + D to deselect. Since the layer mask is white, it will conceal the layer below. Any black on the layer mask will reveal the layer below.....thereby allowing the white layer to show through in the shape/path that you created with the Pen Tool.
Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 7.56.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 8.05.03 AM.png