What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best place to learn?

Hockey

I was wondering where the best place would be to learn how to use Photoshop. I haven't used it for years and I want to start again. The last time I used it was in one of my High school classes years ago.

Is there a guy on YouTube maybe that makes good tutorials? I was looking around on Google, couldn't find much though.

Photoshop is a very big word...

What are you looking to do in Ps? Then perhaps we can point you in the right direction.

Welcome Hockey.

There are thousands of tutorials out there and Utube has a lot that can help you depending on what you want to achieve. But these will only show you how to do get what you want by doing this or that.

You will still need to know the basics. What good are tutorials if you don't know the in and outs of Photoshop. Whenever a viewer encounters a problem with the tutes , you don't receive quick answers when you post a question.

Members in forums such as this that you've signed up to will readily give assistance to whatever questions you may have. There's nothing wrong with viewable tutorials but you will sometimes need on the spot guidance.

Well, I'm looking to make some back grounds and logos. I would like to learn how to take a bunch of pictures and make a back ground out of them all. So I want to learn how to make a college. I think I'm just looking for some basic tutorials.

just google replace a backround utube or torrent if u use torrents, video is the way to go and ask here , ive learned enough to get by over the last five weeks or so mainly from video

most helpful are selection techniques , refine edge , replace backround and layers video then u can expand when u get thebasics down pat

If you're looking to make multiple photos into one background (as in make them all look like they're actually one big photo) then look up FlewDesigns on Youtube and look for his "Photomanipulation Tutorial Series" in 3 parts. He does a lot of this stuff and uses scenery and mountains and such and combines them into one image flawlessly.

Great question!

Relatively new user myself and have found that all of these help:

1. YouTube
2. Forums like this!
3. Local classes offered in your community
4. Lynda.com
5. Various books online

Hope this helps a little. Ive also found that MANY people are so nice and willing to help online!

take care and good luck!

best,

rick

Back