What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Blender - The Gate

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks Ged.

It is too good! All the corner stones are identical. I planned to apply the material on those stones on a different way to have some variation...but then I counted the stones, so no... :eek:

gedstar

Guru
Thanks Ged.

It is too good! All the corner stones are identical. I planned to apply the material on those stones on a different way to have some variation...but then I counted the stones, so no... :eek:

It's still dam pretty good, excellent work :thumbsup:

Wonderful work Lambert.
The lighting looks very convincing and realistic to me. Love the atmosphere you created.
So don't worry about the cornerstones. This is the way the array modifier works, makes a duplicate of the object and the material.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
@chrisdesign,

Sorry for my late reply Chris but I had a nasty little cold and therefore I wasn't very active.
About those corner stones; I could have joined them together making one object and use the boolean modifier to intersect with the cube I used to make the 'gate'.
Then I could have reduced a very tiny bit the size of those corner stones and position them so that a very small gap was visible between them and the gate.
Now it looks a bit too slick.

I used 2 light sources, the actual lamp and the background set in faint emission making the light visible on the door post and the cobble stones right behind them.
But actually the gate/crypt was still too dark with difficult to see details so I added an exit sign glowing red to illuminate that crypt.

untitled.png

Last edited:
I hope you feel better now.
Your image with the exit sign looks way more interesting now! Great idea.

Regards Chris

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Excellent work Lambert! As I said in Chris' thread, I need to learn Blender!

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks Sam.
Brace yourself for a steep learning curve...
Just seeing the interface for the first time gives you the chills...:cheesygrin:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I hope you feel better now.

Yes I do, thank you.
Considering that a human body consist of about 65% water I should be a dried Egyptian mummy by now looking at the pile of cleenex I accumulated...:biglaff: