What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blending help

Afarseqim

Trying to connect these two photos, but the green stripe in the middle there is giving me a lot of trouble. I'm a bit of a novice. Any ideas for how to make this more of a gradient?

I tried using the gradient tool, but I don't know how to give it the grainy texture of the rest of the photo, so it looks too obvious.

Grateful for any advice!
ThanksIMG_7227-Edit.jpg

JeffK

Guru
Select the area you want to change, use the gradient tool to create a dark to transparent or dark to light, and apply.

gradient edit.jpg

JeffK

Guru
Here's a 2nd version where you create a new layer on top of the original. Select the area you want to change and on the new layer, fill with the solid light color.
Apply a mask to that layer and with a large soft brush, with opacity and flow set low (I used approx 25%), brush away the lighter color in the darkest area and create a soft transition to the lighter.
I felt this gave me greater control than fiddling with the stops in the gradient tool.

gradient edit 2.jpg

JeffK

Guru
My bad - just noticed you wanted to also give that area a grainy texture. You can just add a bit of noise to that selected area.
I just plugged in 1.5%. Here's a side by side - the new area vs. the existing area next to it:

1637526897747.png

And the full image again...

gradient edit 2 with noise.jpg