What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera for Photography

image2all

Banned
How about the Nikon p100 ?
Is it perfect for Photography ? Recently i have bought a Nikon Coolpix p100, I know it is very low if compare with DSLR but My budget was low also. Can I continue My Photography with Nikon p100?
Please tell me about my Question.
Thanking you All.

hawkeye

Guru
Good photography has more to do with the photographer than it does with the camera.

Learn all you can about exposure, lighting, composition, etc, and even though it's not a DSLR you can take great pictures with it.

Hoogle

Guru
As Hawkeye says great pictures can be taken with any camera there are even famous iphone photographers. The only thing you need to know and understand is how your camera works.

That said expensive cameras are expensive for a reason they give a lot more flexibility more depth and more depth of field control.

what you need to think about is what is your budget to buy a camera with or what are you looking to shoot. I would choose a budget entry level DSLR over an wxpensive point and shoot anyday. You can get good cameras for less than $300

P.S I have removed your signature please refer to site rules

image2all

Banned
Thanks for the Best Suggestions. I already start Photography with Nikon p-100 Coolpix. It not bad. I getting some nice Photo with the said Camera.
So, Now I can Believe that the Camera can be Perfect for me to Implement my Hobby.

P.S Dear Hoogle,
You removed my Signature And Says "Please refer to the site rules regarding signatures". That's men I will able to add My signature after complete my 10 posts or I am unable to add Signature?
I would be Grateful if you tell me please.
Thanks for your Complement and Consideration.

Hoogle

Guru
As The rules state signatures must be personal sites that are based around photoshop or photography. If I recall yours went to a food blog but cant remember

Signatures
No SPAM in sigs will be permitted. You are allowed to put a link to your personal or professional website, portfolio, or other site RELATED in some way to Photoshop or any kind of visual design. Anything else will be considered spam and you risk losing your account over it. If you are in doubt about what links might be included in your sign PM a staff member and ask.

You must have at least 8 non-spam posts before you create a signature.

image2all

Banned
Dear Hoogle,
Many thanks for your Early reply and best consideration to me as a new member of the Reputed Forum.
However, I have follow your suggestion and trying to improve my photography by Nikon p-100.
But some times I face a problem of Camera Shutter.
Can You7 tell me please "how to increase Shutter speed of Nikon p-100"?
can not take snap in mid light or night, when i going to take a snap then the camera takes long time to take snap or I have to press Shutter button Hard.
I don't what happening ? Is it my Mistake or of My Camera ?
I would be happy if kindly Tell me Please.

peta62

Guru
Hello,
my guess is your camera takes a long time to focus. Auto focus is usually base on maximal contrast which is very hard to judge in low light situations. Does your camera have manual focus or can you just half push to pre focus before the snap and fully push when you want to take the picture ? BTW I do not think your camera reacts on force on the shutter, you can just damage it that way.
Hope it helps,
Peter

image2all

Banned
Dear peta62,

I am from Bangladesh and there are no customer support center of Nikon in Bangladesh, so, I have to take help from forum.
However, Yeah it takes long time when I try to take Picture,. it happens some time but now it is okay working well. but i want to know why it happens and if i face the problem again what should I do?
Yeah, in my Camera has Manual Focus system it is Nikon -p100 coolpix camera.
My camera going to destroy ?
It is new with only 31 days.
Please tell me what should I do with me Camera.

peta62

Guru
Dear peta62,

I am from Bangladesh and there are no customer support center of Nikon in Bangladesh, so, I have to take help from forum.
However, Yeah it takes long time when I try to take Picture,. it happens some time but now it is okay working well. but i want to know why it happens and if i face the problem again what should I do?
Yeah, in my Camera has Manual Focus system it is Nikon -p100 coolpix camera.
My camera going to destroy ?
It is new with only 31 days.
Please tell me what should I do with me Camera.

Hello,
I would probably prefer manufacturer which has support in my country, but that is just a remark.
I am not sure we understand each other, I will try to rewrite it so it cannot confuse, sorry if I was not clear. You wrote "can not take snap in mid light or night, when i going to take a snap then the camera takes long time to take snap". I think the reason is it takes a long time for the camera to focus. It is normal in this camera class, nothing broken. If you want to faster shutter reaction you can do two things but must not do one :
You can do :
1. Focus manually, camera does not have to look for focus and fires faster.
2. You can push the shutter button half way ( see your manual it is for sure described there ) to get focus and push fully ( fully but not with larger power, be gentle ) when you want to take the picture. Again camera does not have to look for focus and fires faster.
You must not do :
Push anything on camera hard, including shutter button. It does not help anything and can damage the camera.
Best regards,
Peter

image2all

Banned
Hello,
I would probably prefer manufacturer which has support in my country, but that is just a remark.
I am not sure we understand each other, I will try to rewrite it so it cannot confuse, sorry if I was not clear. You wrote "can not take snap in mid light or night, when i going to take a snap then the camera takes long time to take snap". I think the reason is it takes a long time for the camera to focus. It is normal in this camera class, nothing broken. If you want to faster shutter reaction you can do two things but must not do one :
You can do :
2. You can push the shutter button half way ( see your manual it is for sure described there ) to get focus and push fully ( fully but not with larger power, be gentle ) when you want to take the picture. Again camera does not have to look for focus and fires faster.
You must not do :
Push anything on camera hard, including shutter button. It does not help anything and can damage the camera.
Best regards,
Peter

Dear Sir, Many many thanks for the Best suggestion. Actually I think it is a Problem of that type of camera, Not only My camera but also many User of the Camera face the same problem.
However, i will change the camera and try to take better one. Like DSLR.
Thank you again for the Best and Better Guideline.

image2all

Banned
Hello,
You can do :
You must not do :
Best regards,
Peter

Thanking you so much for your best instruction.
I am following your guideline and I getting results from it. My camera Works nice majority time but some times it do not works properly,
However, I want to ask a Question to you that is " If I press my Shutter Button Hard then is there any probability to destroy my Camera"?
Though i never do it.
Thanking you Sir.

image2all

Banned
yeah, If do 1at thing, mean Is I focus manually then the camera takes picture faster.
then Should I use the program Manually ?

peta62

Guru
Thanking you so much for your best instruction.
I am following your guideline and I getting results from it. My camera Works nice majority time but some times it do not works properly,
However, I want to ask a Question to you that is " If I press my Shutter Button Hard then is there any probability to destroy my Camera"?
Though i never do it.
Thanking you Sir.

Hello,
I do not think so, I would have to look at your camera manual, but I suppose the "Manual" mode you are talking about is the "M" as opposed to Tv, "P" and similar, which set up exposure ( aperture, shutter ). I was referring to manual focus, which means to pick your object, focus it manually, either by turning some ring on the lens or some setup on body, so it is sharp and does not focus automatically, since it is difficult for many cameras in low light situations.
Hope this helps,
Peter