What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can Admin fine tweak the dark alpha mode

Hoogle

Guru
I use the dark alpha mode I find it easier on my eyes but in some area the text comes up as white as I am typing which is good but in other areas ie editing a post visitors messages and using advanced reply options I think the text comes up as black and makes it hard to see as I am typing.

Just a helpful suggestion.

Oh thank god my prayers have been answered I thought it was just me at first as it had not been mentioned before but after using a different browser and a clean install of all my software (not for this problem I should add) It was still happening.

I just checked (not using it acctually). Yes it is so!
That's how i see it:
darkmode.jpg

P.S. On message body written: "Can You read it?" :)

Oh guess that is why I have the same issue with firefox and chrome then both based on the same engine.

Ups...i forgot about different browsers. Previous was Firefox.
This is Explorer 8:
darkexplorer.jpg

I see it as bug for all platforms. Meaning that color scheme/style not consistency (you get my point). Check threads and input in thread and you see that it's not like this. Avatars are not on "black", gaps between stuff etc.
So it's not good for all just for some browser it shows diferent.

Yup. I've lived with it since the site redesign..... but no harm to see if something could be done. I don't use IE or others that much so I didn't relalize the colors displayed in other areas of the forum were actually different.

I'm aware of the issues with the dark theme and I'm sorry they have been around for a while. Actually there are a number of other problems with the dark theme as well. Each time I upgraded vBulletin recently a few more issues with that theme popped up, and that was part of the reason for going to a new theme back when we made the switch to the new default light theme.

The developer of the dark theme disappeared, so I haven't had anyone to fix it. With all the other problems popping up with VB updates I was not able to fix it myself.

Since you guys are using the theme regularly as your default I'll see if I can track down the developer, or if anyone has experience working with VB styles and wants to have a go at it send me a PM.

If nothing else, I'll give it a go myself when I have some time, but it's not going to be very soon I am afraid.

Back