What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I Save This Family Picture.

Lalau2

Hello Everyone. I have a picture of me and my 2 older brothers. This picture is really faded. I scanned it and this is what I got. I really don't know were to start or what to do to restore it? Any and all help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• Brothers.jpg
    Brothers.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
Is the original just as blurry as the image you posted?
To one degree or another the image can be leveled out, converted to B&W and be colorized again but you can't fix blurry or out of focus.

Do you have the original negative, that would be the best solution.

You may be able to squeeze a bit more detail from it if you Duplicate the layer, make it B&W, then setting blending options to Multiply.

Yes the original is just a blurry Steve. I will scan it again to see if I can add any more detail. I will try what you guys mentioned and get back to you. Thanks for the information.

make sure you scan at high res
usually you can tell if you can get detail out by looking at each channel separately
if 1 of the channels has detail then it can be recovered but your image has none.
the blue channel has the most detail but thats still not a lot

Last edited:
no offence but this is in the wrong subforum

A bit like what spruce said but i just layered a colour layer with a cleaned black and white one.
boyss.jpg:mrgreen:

ok this is the subforum for people having trouble with the use of the forum, for example people who are stuck uploading video's or don't understand the PM system.
Get help with using the forum and forum features. Any questions related to use of the forum ask here.
I suggest using general photoshop board.

Not been moved yet, oh well?
Not the end of the world though mate.

indeed, back on topic now :D

Back