What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creative Can somebody make us a youtubebanner and yt-profilepicture?

Hi!
Me and my friends are making a YT-channel. We want to do gaming stuff and our name is poma acetaria (which means fruit salad in latin). It was horrible to find a name and we are totally bad at art and photoshop and dont even have an idea for one of the two. So I hope you can help us.
Thanks in advance,
Banananassfisch.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
You really should narrow down the parameters for the sake of our members because with an 'open' request like yours, finding what you want could take forever, so please add something you have in mind...

Well different things somethimes Rainbow6Siege, Stickfight the game or GTA5 but i personally like the binding of isaac too.

polarwoc

Guru
@Banananassfisch I would suggest posting some pictures of what you mean, so it gives us a better idea of what to start with.

I do not mean to be rude, but it is like if you actually want a Camel, but you only request that you want an 'Animal' made, someone may make a Rabbit, then you say "Bigger animal" and someone makes a Rhinosaurus and the loop goes on.

If possible, make a rough mash up of what you want - that starts us off in the right direction.

Im very sorry for my very, very bad drawing skills but I hope you understand what I meaned to draw.

Attachments

• 20180212_142737.png
    20180212_142737.png
    335.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20180212_142816.png
    20180212_142816.png
    192.2 KB · Views: 0

MentosCubing

Power User
I am not entirely sure what you mean, but I did come up with something. I made one with text and one without, although I made this in like ten minutes so I didn't bother to fix the Isaac icon when I broke it or something.
acetaria.pngacetaria with no text.png
It may not look that good, but is this the kind of thing you had in mind, layout and style-wise?

Yeah its kinda like what I am looking for,except the Isaac should look out of the corner,but in generally its what I had in mind.

MentosCubing

Power User
Do you want it with or without the text?

MentosCubing

Power User
Was not aware of these, but I was just trying to make something as fast as I possibly could to accurately represent the layout I thought he was looking for. I wanted to create a sample to work from that was more understandable and clear than the one provided. I will remember this in the future.

MentosCubing

Power User
You may have to enlarge this to 2560x1440 to make it work as a channel banner thing, but I did make sure that everything would fit into the space it provides.Poma Acetaria.jpg

MentosCubing

Power User
Actually, here is a higher resolution, still not quite 1440 thoughScreenshot_20180214-135607_1.jpg

Well kann you please make the symbols larger, the isaac more up right (so that you only see its head looking out of the Corner) abd the text in the artstyle you used in the older pic?

MentosCubing

Power User
When cropped into the little area that YouTube gives you, the symbols will appear larger and the Isaac is only a head looking out of the corner. If you go to the channel page and change your banner to the provided image, it will crop it out for desktop and mobile layout, and both of those problems will be solved. I will change the text back though.

MentosCubing

Power User
I have changed the text back to the first style, but the other two problems are solved as soon as the file is uploaded. I tested it out, and YouTube crops it perfectly to give the effect you're looking for. Try to upload it add your channel art and you'll see what I mean.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180214-171036_2.jpg
    Screenshot_20180214-171036_2.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 0

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@MentosCubing Your Isaac character is very aliased. You should find a better version or make one yourself.
Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 5.25.16 PM.png

The text effect is blurry and not crisp.

The top of the six (6) seems a bit off.

The main thing I think you need to do is to listen to the OP and try to follow their instructions......you need to frame it they way the OP has described.
Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 5.30.12 PM.png

MentosCubing

Power User
I don't play any of these games, could go tell me what the character does actually look like?