What's new

caricatures

fenix

Guru
It´s hard to judge the level of it when there´s no originals to compare it with.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Very excellent work Agent. Having done some caricature myself (some with "permission," some not), and a bit of straight portraiture, I can say you're very talented.

Fenix, these are originals.

Very excellent work Agent. Having done some caricature myself (some with "permission," some not), and a bit of straight portraiture, I can say you're very talented.

By "originals," I thought Fenix meant a picture of the person to compare.

???????

fenix

Guru

Yes dear Watson I know! But caricatures are not the same as portraits so for to judge the skills of caricatures you first need to see the originals of which the caricatures have been made :D Wimmen!

fenix

Guru
My wife keeps bugging me for the same reason. I can't take pictures of the people I'm drawing, quite simply. It's not an appropriate venue.

Agent
You have to get yourself one of those tiny spy cameras!

ibclare

Queen Bee
I almost completely disagree Fenix. I see your point and of course you can't completely know how close to an actual portrait a caricature is. But, if a sketch is done as artfully as Agents are, then the chances are they are close; additionally they have captured the spirit of choosing characteristics to lampoon very skillfully and to me that demonstrates the ability, IMHO. Also, I just plain like them!

Paul

Former Member
The second one looks like iDAD when he was in the navy.

You have to get yourself one of those tiny spy cameras!
Cheeky monkey.

Just FYI, these aren't done from pics or portraits. They're sketches of live people sitting in a chair where I work. They take about 5-10 minutes, depending on how much the person moves their head.

:)

Stefano

A talented artist! I do not understand your skills or where they come from, as I can barely draw a straight line. :)

Thanks for sharing.

-Stefano