What's new

caricatures

Stefano

They come from 25 years of practice.

Agent
A talented artist with a sharp wit! Short, quick response inferring your assertion was obvious...but methinks from looking at some of your work that you were born with both a natural talent to draw with your hands/a utensil; as well a natural drive to continually practice...

Just guessing.

Either way congrats, your comic art skills look top notch to me. :thumbsup:

-Stefano

Stefano,

Thanks for the kind words.

To answer a little more seriously, I have been drawing and doodling since I can remember. My early inspiration came from comic books and Star Wars.

Years and years of practice with a pen or pencil led to what you see here - I've only had Photoshop for about 2-3 years.

Agent

Stefano

With your natural drawing skills and considering your 'Don't Poke the Bear' project that I looked at, I think you could produce and sell a recurring comic strip in Photoshop! Dooo eeeet! :yourock:

Gurus could help with story/joke ideas.... :mrgreen:

Heh just spitballin' here, but 'Don't Poke the Bear' is AAA quality comic strip art!

-Stefano

Last edited:
With your natural drawing skills and considering your 'Don't Poke the Bear' project that I looked at, I think you could produce and sell a recurring comic strip in Photoshop! Dooo eeeet! :yourock:

Gurus could help with story/joke ideas.... :mrgreen:

Heh just spitballin' here, but 'Don't Poke the Bear' is AAA quality comic strip art!

-Stefano

Thanks, Stefano.

I've actually been working on a comic strip with a dog for quite a while now.

Need to get a few more knocked out, and then start submitting them.

Agent

Attachments

Stefano

That's really great. Best of luck with it all Agent Moeller! Keep at it, your talent foreshadows success!

-Stefano

The first one meaning the very first caricature in the thread?

Thanks, in any case. I appreciate the compliment. I have been working hard on the caricatures. I think I have about 50 now.

Here's another one. I had mentioned this picture on another thread - it was drawn originally on lined paper. I scanned it, opened it in Ps and did a combination of selection adjustments and erasing to get the lines bold and all the paperlines gone.

I like how this turned out.

Agent
:)

Attachments

Pepperbel

Woa, yea the one on the first page, didn't even see all the other pages. Oops :D

you got some good stuff man.

Stefano

Hey hey,

So I recently discovered liquify (thanks Paul!) for creating caricatures in Photoshop. Jeez, what a cool and powerful tool.

I have not been able to stop making caricatures! :banghead:

Anyway I put together a bunch of the ones I have done so far (as well as the images I started with), and would love any feedback you guys have on them. Particularly you, agentmoeller!

I hope I am not hijacking the thread.

CaricaturesX.jpg

caricatureOriginals.jpg

Thanks for looking!

-Stefano

Paul

Former Member
Little is more is my best advice, but the tool can be so destructive. Yeah cool start to choppin mate.