What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

caricatures

Stefano

They come from 25 years of practice.

Agent

A talented artist with a sharp wit! Short, quick response inferring your assertion was obvious...but methinks from looking at some of your work that you were born with both a natural talent to draw with your hands/a utensil; as well a natural drive to continually practice...

Just guessing.

Either way congrats, your comic art skills look top notch to me. :thumbsup:

-Stefano

Stefano,

Thanks for the kind words.

To answer a little more seriously, I have been drawing and doodling since I can remember. My early inspiration came from comic books and Star Wars.

Years and years of practice with a pen or pencil led to what you see here - I've only had Photoshop for about 2-3 years.

Agent

Stefano

With your natural drawing skills and considering your 'Don't Poke the Bear' project that I looked at, I think you could produce and sell a recurring comic strip in Photoshop! Dooo eeeet! :yourock:

Gurus could help with story/joke ideas.... :mrgreen:

Heh just spitballin' here, but 'Don't Poke the Bear' is AAA quality comic strip art!

-Stefano

Last edited:
With your natural drawing skills and considering your 'Don't Poke the Bear' project that I looked at, I think you could produce and sell a recurring comic strip in Photoshop! Dooo eeeet! :yourock:

Gurus could help with story/joke ideas.... :mrgreen:

Heh just spitballin' here, but 'Don't Poke the Bear' is AAA quality comic strip art!

-Stefano

Thanks, Stefano.

I've actually been working on a comic strip with a dog for quite a while now.

Need to get a few more knocked out, and then start submitting them.

Agent

Attachments

• 2_kugel_borzoi.jpg
    2_kugel_borzoi.jpg
    928.6 KB · Views: 0

Stefano

That's really great. Best of luck with it all Agent Moeller! Keep at it, your talent foreshadows success!

-Stefano

OK.

I shortened my neck, so I look a little less bizarre.

Wife's happy now.

Agent:)

Attachments

336.6 KB · Views: 0

Pepperbel

I love the first one....I think I spent a good few minutes staring at it. Nice work!

The first one meaning the very first caricature in the thread?

Thanks, in any case. I appreciate the compliment. I have been working hard on the caricatures. I think I have about 50 now.

Here's another one. I had mentioned this picture on another thread - it was drawn originally on lined paper. I scanned it, opened it in Ps and did a combination of selection adjustments and erasing to get the lines bold and all the paperlines gone.

I like how this turned out.

Agent
:)

Attachments

• logo_caricature.jpg
    logo_caricature.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 19

Pepperbel

Woa, yea the one on the first page, didn't even see all the other pages. Oops :D

you got some good stuff man.

Stefano

Hey hey,

So I recently discovered liquify (thanks Paul!) for creating caricatures in Photoshop. Jeez, what a cool and powerful tool.

I have not been able to stop making caricatures! :banghead:

Anyway I put together a bunch of the ones I have done so far (as well as the images I started with), and would love any feedback you guys have on them. Particularly you, agentmoeller!

I hope I am not hijacking the thread.

CaricaturesX.jpg

caricatureOriginals.jpg

Thanks for looking!

-Stefano

iDad

Guru
Paul's created another monster lol

Paul

Former Member
Little is more is my best advice, but the tool can be so destructive. Yeah cool start to choppin mate.