What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenge 12.. Manipulate an image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mine's simple. It was the first thing I thought of when I first viewed the challenge. I added more to it but it just became way too busy. I liked the ships sleek and organic shape, so I left it simple. I tried other components in the BG and FG, but they messed with the lighting so again, I opted for simple.

It's called "Scout Ship" (dropping out of warp).

ScoutShip.png

prd

I'm a PS user since 1994, mainly in printing business...
...I' brightened up the left side of the image deliberately to give it more depth and simulate an artificial environment.

i was just 5 year old in 1994

prd

Mine's simple. It was the first thing I thought of when I first viewed the challenge. I added more to it but it just became way too busy. I liked the ships sleek and organic shape, so I left it simple. I tried other components in the BG and FG, but they messed with the lighting so again, I opted for simple.

It's called "Scout Ship" (dropping out of warp).

View attachment 33863

great man :thumbsup: keep posting

inkpad.t

Guru
Nice one SITM... It just go's to show how imaginative people can bee... I like it... try another ( if you want that is )..

This is why i like the challenges ... The other thing is creative imagination.. One image and so many good responses .. What others post also give you ideas of what you could do.. or you get a spin off from one of them..

Thanks for posting .

SITM

Thanks for your comment Inkpad. I wasn't sure what sort of comments that one would have received. Technically I think there is a lot of mistakes in it to be a "proper" work or at least a good work, but I was a bit bored for two hours and decided to go purely off imagination and creativity. The inspiration for that developed from a day of work seminars regarding technology and where things are going. One of the speakers at the seminar mentioned that his dad and him would spend time looking at the stars with a telescope. He feels that this inspired him to dream big. He developed a huge imagination of what was out in our universe, where we came from and what the future would hold. Today he speaks to people about environmental stewardship and holds hope for new technological advances in the way people power their daily lives.

Paul

Former Member
This was on OP'S opening gambit -

I don't really know how long to set the challenge for but would say Fri the 05-07-13. and you can submit as many manipulations as you wish whether a simple or complex image.

But most of all have fun ... Thank you all.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Yes, it's over. Sorry, my fiance got called to manage the food and hydration distribution for a large forest fire in the county and I went with him. We just got back and it's one am, so if you will grant me a little leeway pretty please, I'll have the poll up in about 10 hours. I'm really sorry for the delay. I would do it now but it has been a long day. I'm anxious to see the results too, lots of good entries, and also to find out what's next!

(if someone would like to do it for me, that would be fine, but I'm not asking, lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.