What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenge 15 - Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the background is over sharp. Look at the extreme contrast on the stone wall. Then the resolutions of the BG and the girl must be quite different. She looks pretty badly compressed. Generally I work with the lowest resolution or up-res a bit at a time and see how much of that an image can stand. I would do that in a separate document. If the model is small or low res and the BG is really large or high res, you need to find a middle ground for combining them, or find different stocks to use.

I like the idea of the image. I agree that the sun looks odd. I like the emblematic effect it has, but I think it could be smaller or blurrier or both. As it is, it looks like it is closer than the clouds. The girl's lighting and color balance is different from the surroundings so she looks out of place a bit. You could consider clipping a layer of color to bring some warmth, even a photo filter adjustment layer. I personally like to also hand paint in some shadow, color, glow and such. One last thing; the selection needs some cleanup.

So I hope that wasn't too much for a newbie. I think you're doing great.

Here is an idea of what I mean. I selected (roughly) the girl and put her on her own layer. I made color overlays (mostly soft light at varying opacities) and painted some shadows and colored highlights. Then I added a slight gaussian blur to the BG. I did not attempt to fix the compression artifact on the model; just not a good use of time. For me or you.

ColorChange.jpg

Last edited:
Good for you Mike...but it is a big problem for me to explain something in english in this forum, because I don't know the proper Photoshop titles in english. (Switzerland is a german speaking country).

Chris, post it up the way you do and think. Your screen shots work well , and google translate is just a click away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to lose the guardrail IMHO........as you don't need the owl

I love the overall image!!

Thanx guys.
guard rail was left for civilization print and owl had different dedication at first but. . . then spaceship had emerged and distracted my attention. LOL :deadhorse:

OK THANKS TO ALL WHO GOT INVOLVED GREAT EFFORTS BY ALL.
I will put up the vote thread later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back