What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenge 20 - Surrealism

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a friendly reminder to everyone who still want to participate in this contest.

the-happy-donor-1966 rene magritte.jpg

The contest will end next sunday, march 30 2014, 12 pm. GMT.
Thank you all for your entries so far.
Chris

nice works...:)

Last edited:
Hey chrisdesign, I really love your "Sofa Tree". I think it's a true piece of art. Anyway, here's my entry. I have 2 versions of it. I couldn't decide which one to keep :) So I just posted them both.

Scene.png

decisive hand.jpg

Maybe the last one is more of a combination of surrealism and pop art :p

Last edited:
Hey chrisdesign, I really love your "Sofa Tree". I think it's a true piece of art. Anyway, here's my entry. I have 2 versions of it. I couldn't decide which one to keep :) So I just posted them both.

Maybe the last one is more of a combination of surrealism and pop art :p

Hi markr,
Thanks for your comment, I appreciate it.

I like the first of your entries very much, it's nicely done...fresh and funny!

Hoops, that's great. Maybe a bit dark, but the darkness makes me look closer, then I see the desk which wasn't apparent to mu eyes right away. Good deal. Tx for participating. I hope you'll continue to join in with us gurus as you have. You'll get to guru status quick.

Cheers ibClare. You know what, i was having a really crap day, terrible. Needed to escape. That i did it seems. Been member for a while, had a nosey now and again. I plan to to stick around ofc. Alot of my time atm i spent working and learning all things photography/photo editing. Hoping to get out of my boring, run of the mill job some day. As for the intense darkness, yip, I know what your saying it does in a way make it a bit more intriguing. But i lightened it a bit and had a flicked between the two. I feel its definitely better a tad lighter. Changed it now. Doesn't help that im working with a flatscreen tv as my monitor :eek:. Would possibly liked to have had the frame of the mirror burned through, and cinders on the tabletop as if the ball rolled in. Aswell as brightening it up i added a bit more 'surrealism' to it.
Looking at the photo i noticed one of those coincidences, those things that can work with a bit of erm, work lol, and blend in, in this type of image especially.

Hint - 3 rows of teeth. ;)

Last edited:
Nice Andrew........even tossing in the added complication of an OOB!

The TV isn't working for me.....:rolleyes:.........BUT I have issues trying this!!

@Hershi, very cool and surrealistic entry, i like the hovering monitor.
@ Clare, wonderful...everything in your image is out of proportion and over-the-top! Surrealism at it's best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back