What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenge #58: Matte painting

Challenge #58 - Matte Painting

• Eggy

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • chrisdesign

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Nxxl

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Argos

Guru
First of all sorry for delay I totally forgot, been a real busy couple of weeks!

This challenge is about MATTE PAINTING.

The other day i saw some jobs with this technique from a fellow photographer, i love it, and really want to try it...but as i said really busy....

I dont know if it's a good idea to make it a contest (Maybe this is going to be the first one with 0 participants) because the amount of time and dedication it is required to do this kind of job, but i cant think in anything else right now.

Good luck!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SUBMISSIONS

Eggy

PSG Challenge #58 .jpg

chrisdesign

1520193947812.png

Nxxl

1520438240986.png

Last edited by a moderator:

JJLAPIN

Guru
Alright you guys need to start submitting towards the end. You make me not even want to try.:thumbsup::perfect::clap::cheers:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Come on guys, if you've never done one watch some tutorials...and apply your knowledge of PS...

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Those edits look amazing.. @Eggy @chrisdesign
I'm going to experiment and try and make a submission.
Thanks.
And please do submit...being part of a community involves more then doing some requests. (I'm talking in general)
Since most of us have the knowledge to do requests at satistaction of the requesters, why not using that PS knowledge in being creative?
You won't win a thing but a pat on the back...

Nxxl

Yes Eggy, that's true. I've noticed that I'm capable of using Photoshop when I've been given specific instructions, but I've never tried creating something on my own, from scratch. It's about time I start exploring...
I'll try and make a submission in the coming few days.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
It's about time I start exploring...

That's the right spirit and that's how I started here on this forum, posting composites and asking for advice.
And advice was given plentifull by the most older users and I was glad and happy.
Don't feel it as bad when you receive critiques on your work.
It is the only way to improve your PS skills.
Be creative and start exploring.

And because of the help I got I stayed member and I'm still learning, every day.

And to all other members also, please show us your work so we can discuss it...
You have no idea how I miss that!

Nxxl

This is my first attempt and first submission. I hope I'm on the right track.
I'm not too happy with the edit, I think I over did the clouds and did another version with just two clouds. Or maybe it would look better without the clouds and lightening altogether. But please give me your feed back and tell me how I could improve.

dark-night-with-stormy-sea_4zdrobptl__F0000.png paper_boat_A_signB.jpg8E30092A-3750-4AFE-A537-7D429BAC6D36Original.jpg maxresdefault.jpg 4107559146_dcaf480df0_b.jpg

RoughSea.jpg

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Still a nice one. :thumbsup:

The clouds are maybe a bit too dense and you could add some water foam on the left side of the pond and around the paper boat.
But well done and keep practicing!

Nxxl

Thank you for the Feedback. I will try what you have told me to.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry @chrisdesign but haven't (you) posted this before in 2014 not exactly original
Chris may have posted the image before, but he has never submitted the image for a challenge. His submission is acceptable and in accordance with the description of the challenge. There's really no stipulation in our challenge guidelines that state a submission must exclusively be an original work as long as it was created by the member submitting the piece.

@gedstar
You are right i posted this image many years earlier. Though I worked it over to give it a matte painting look.
@IamSam Sam
Thanks for your explanation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Only one day to post your community contribution submission to this challenge...

Argos

Guru
Nxxl as creator of the challenge i'm not allow to participate, i just did that one for fun.