What's new

Cigarette tutorial?

Alistair

Guru
Any one seen a really good lookin Cigarette tutorial out there? I got the smoke covered, just need the source! Thanks - Alistair :D

wbiss

Guru
You're welcome, Alistair! ;)

[upset] Just don't let me catch you smoking 'em! [:I :p

And I look forward to seeing your finished results! [excited]

Alistair

Guru
hehe, yea. Um, im going to have troubles getting a cig in a 2d skeleton's mouth though!!! Well, it's actually 3d.. i guess.

wbiss

Guru
;) That should be a piece of cake for you Alistair!

BTW... an appropriate image! :perfect:

wbiss

Guru
Yeah, that's what I thought you had in mind, Alistair! ;)

I think that one in each of the 3 mouths might be "overkill" [confused] ... unless you "faded out" the other 2 skinny guys? Just a thought... but then you'll play around with it and try various compositions.

And what I do like about the composition of the finished piece (as I see it in my mind) is the "contrast" between the B+W skeletons and the colourized "cancer stick"! ;)

Alistair

Guru
:rofl: like that. But, the area im workin in is in grayscale, so should i flatten that, put it into a new coloured window, and then just make the cig coloured? [confused]

Geoff

hey Alistair i love the idea!! :perfect: :perfect:
and by putting only one cigarette in the middle skeleton's mouth, you're also demonstrating the effects of second-hand smoke ;) ;) well thought ;) ;)

Alistair

Guru
Geoff said:
and by putting only one cigarette in the middle skeleton's mouth, you're also demonstrating the effects of second-hand smoke
Haha :rofl: Yea, maybe I can get extra credit in health class for this :D [sly] [slick] :rofl:

wbiss

Guru
Yeah Alistair... just turn your greyscale file into RGB! ;) You don't need to flatten your layers, either.

Image/Mode/RGB Color :D

Alistair

Guru
You mean have the cig smoked the opposite side, and smoke comes out of the skeleton's eye sockets and every other hole? :D :rofl: I love it!!! :rofl: