What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cigarette tutorial?

Alistair

Guru
Any one seen a really good lookin Cigarette tutorial out there? I got the smoke covered, just need the source! Thanks - Alistair :D

wbiss

Guru
You're welcome, Alistair! ;)

[upset] Just don't let me catch you smoking 'em! [:I :p

And I look forward to seeing your finished results! [excited]

Alistair

Guru
hehe, yea. Um, im going to have troubles getting a cig in a 2d skeleton's mouth though!!! Well, it's actually 3d.. i guess.

wbiss

Guru
;) That should be a piece of cake for you Alistair!

BTW... an appropriate image! :perfect:

Alistair

Guru
Thanks wendy :) I was thinking of only putting one in the middle skeleton's mouth. What do you think of that? :)

wbiss

Guru
Yeah, that's what I thought you had in mind, Alistair! ;)

I think that one in each of the 3 mouths might be "overkill" [confused] ... unless you "faded out" the other 2 skinny guys? Just a thought... but then you'll play around with it and try various compositions.

And what I do like about the composition of the finished piece (as I see it in my mind) is the "contrast" between the B+W skeletons and the colourized "cancer stick"! ;)

Alistair

Guru
:rofl: like that. But, the area im workin in is in grayscale, so should i flatten that, put it into a new coloured window, and then just make the cig coloured? [confused]

Geoff

hey Alistair i love the idea!! :perfect: :perfect:
and by putting only one cigarette in the middle skeleton's mouth, you're also demonstrating the effects of second-hand smoke ;) ;) well thought ;) ;)

Alistair

Guru
Geoff said:
and by putting only one cigarette in the middle skeleton's mouth, you're also demonstrating the effects of second-hand smoke
Haha :rofl: Yea, maybe I can get extra credit in health class for this :D [sly] [slick] :rofl:

wbiss

Guru
Yeah Alistair... just turn your greyscale file into RGB! ;) You don't need to flatten your layers, either.

Image/Mode/RGB Color :D

Erik

Guru
Why not put it inside out, and have the smoke come out of the sockets?

Alistair

Guru
You mean have the cig smoked the opposite side, and smoke comes out of the skeleton's eye sockets and every other hole? :D :rofl: I love it!!! :rofl: