What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Circle Pattern Issue

Earendil86

Hello,

I've been searching and watching youtube videos for the last 2 hours and I just can't seem to figure out how to do this. The image below shows a graphic that I'm trying to recreate the white hashmarks to. I wanted to do this in photoshop but everything points to illustrator. So I've imported my .psb into illustrator and drawn a while circle as well as the top smaller hashmark which I need to repeat 6 times around the circle. Then I was going to do a second set of patterns to recreate the longer hashmarks etc. The issue is, all the videos I can find point to using rotate, however, when I get into the rotate feature and go to outlines (so I can choose the center) I get a white backgound and cannot see the background image for reference. So I can't play with the angles until I get it right. Any help is appreciated. Even a completely different method.

1630692121781.png

I don't know anything about Illustrator. This method may get you started in Photoshop.
  • Use the Polygon tool to create a six-sided polygon shape (or however many hashmarks you want).
  • On a new layer, create a stroked circle.
  • Use the Layer alignment commands to perfectly center the circle and polygon to each other.
  • Using this as a template, you can now draw your linear hashmarks at exactly the correct angles.
1630693601181.png

Back