What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clipping Path

Foppo

Hello everyone.

I have a short question. I hope I'm asking this in the right place.

I have been editing jewellery shots in PS CC and CS6 and as they were for web batched them from CYMK to RGB with Automator. What I didn't realise at that point was, that my 1300 images lost their clipping path and layers by doing this in Automator... I know... very stupid.

So my question is: How can I QUICKLY create a clipping path (as the client asks for this) on images? Using the pen tool on 1300 images is going to take me a little too long... so I'm hoping there is a different solution.

Important to know: The have been clipped out and pasted on a perfect white background before I did the stupid mistake... So I just need to create a path around the edge.

What would be the best way of doing this?? Do I really have to spend all the night awake penning them out again?
The client wants the paths to be able to use the images in Illustrator and other vector programs.

Thanks for ANY helpful advice.

Chris

HI, Foppo.

Since you mentioned you've pasted them on a white background, just select the background, Inverse and click the Make Path in pallet. It may need a bit of tweeking but better than redoing everything for another night..

Hope this helps.

Thanks.
I thought of doing it that way. I was just wondering if there are some better/more precise ways out there?

When I select and inverse and then create the path I get way too many points...

And I'm not quite sure why, but the original paths actually didn't have any little squared points on them like mine do. Any idea why that is??

Since you have a white BG you might try a channel selection method? Or is this basically the same as mentioned above? It's a little slower but might provide a better path.

These could be caused by tiny, jagged imperfections in the original image's edges or point of reflection / inflection as well as unclean conversion of ants to path by PS to name a few. It can't be helped.

But you can try Make Work Path in the Path palette drop down tab.... key in a tighter tolerance level to your liking. Tho you may need to tweek the path a bit more to lessen the points.

Back