1. Selecting all the layers and collapsing the effects collapses all the effects on the selected layers.
2. Selecting all the layers and opening an effect then closing again collapses all the effects on the selected layers.
3. CTRL clicking a group expands all the groups as-is...IE, open effects stay open, closed effects stay closed.
4. ALT clicking a group opens that group only AND expands any effects layers.
5. CTRL ALT Clicking a group opens all the groups AND expands all effects.
6. CTRL ALT Clicking again closes everything.
One of those should be what you need.
SHIFT may do something as well, try it and see if it works with your PS version.
i need to work on those 50 documents and i dont want the layers expanded when i work
i dont want to collapse them each time i open a document so trying to figure if i can collapse all effects on all 50 documents at once
then i can do my work