What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Color separations???

XDannyBoyX

Hi there. 1st off I'm very new to Photoshop so info would be great thank you.
Ok here is my question.
Lets say I have a design consisting of 4 full colors(no shading). Lets say the colors are Blue, Red, Black and green. The colors are all mixed up all over the design. Is there a way I can delete every bit of one color(say Green) in one go?
I'm using version 7 on a PC.
Thanks a lot and I'm new to this so sorry if its a silly question.
Danny...

G

Welcome to the board XDannyBoyX :perfect:

Yes, you can.

You can use the magic wand tool and select one color by clicking on it (make sure that contigous is NOT selected in the top bar).

A second way is to select the color using Select / color range.
Just click in the select box to see what kind of options you have and adjust the fuzziness (=range).

After you have selected the color (either by using one of the 2 tools) you can press Delete to delete the content of your selection or fill it with a new color.

There are many ways to select/remove/replace colors, but I think these methods that I showed you are quite simple to use, even for beginners.