What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Concept Fighter Plane

It's a great tour-de-force of artistry, technique and imagination, Chris! Nice work!

Personally, what I really had fun with was considering the possibility of some crazy, closely- related alternatives to yours that might solve the aerodynamic problem Vee mentioned. For example, if the spiral grooves were in one direction in front of the wings, and in the other direction in back of the wings and you rotated both sections together, then the fuselage would become like one stage of a bizarrely designed "external" turbine instead of the usual internal, shrouded turbine design:

In addition, maybe the vorticity imparted to the flow by the forward spinning section would be (at least in one's Steampunk inspired imagination) cancelled by the rear section which has the opposite "handedness". In addition, all this rotating mass would have a huge angular momentum and maybe stabilize the craft the same way angular momentum stabilizes a spinning bullet or an American football, LOL.

The passengers would sit in a non-rotating cabin inside the spinning skin of the craft. Of course ;-), a couple of large windows would be provided for the passengers, dressed in their finest clothes, to look through the semi-transparent "external" turbine blades, sort of the same way the passengers in Jules Verne's Nautilus looked out through the portholes, LOL.

I must say, it certainly takes a lot less work to dream about other designs rather than actually having to do any work myself. :rofl: Great fun!

All the best,

Tom M

PS - And, since we are in the Steampunk age, we are able to completely ignore the weight and all the other problems of my design. :redface:

Hi Tom
Thank you very much for your for kind words and your most interesting theories.
Isn't it just great, that everything is possible in the "Steampunk World"? It's a lot of fun anyway.

Back