What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Correct ATN location?

Bluie

Hello

I recently downloaded 3 plug-ins and have placed them in this folder: C | Program Files (86) | Adobe | Photoshop CS | Plug-ins. They are the only ATN files in that folder. Also in that folder, are other folders: Adobe ImageReady Only; Adobe Photoshop Only; Digimarc; Displacement Maps; Effects; Extensions; File Formats; Filters; Import-Export; and Parser.

Have I placed the ATN files in their correct location, please, because I cannot see them under Filters when I open Photoshop.

Thanks

Plug-ins must be placed in the Plug-ins folder. (C:/Program files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CC (+version)/Plug-ins NOT Program files 86)
ATN are 'actions' and should be placed in the Presets/Actions folder.

Plug-ins, actions and filters are not the same thing!

Install Photoshop Actions
Install Photoshop Plug-ins

Untitled-1.jpg

To open your 'actions':

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Eggy

I don't have this folder: C:/Program files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CC (+version)/Plug-ins. If I go to C:/Program files/Adobe, I have Adobe Premiere Elements 11 only in that folder.

I could re-create the path you have and deposit my ATN files there, that is, C:/Program files/Adobe/Photoshop/Plug-ins and see if they are visible in Photoshop. Thanks to the link you posted, I can see that the Plug-ins should be visible under Filters.

I will try it and post back, thanks again.

Back