What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CS5.1 with Mac Sierra

PegoMan

I have a disk copy of Photoshop CS5.1 which I have been told will not run on the new Mac operating system, Sierra. does anyone have any knowledge of whether this is true or not?

Thanks for your help,

John

Right now there's not a lot of information available on the compatibility of Ps CS5.1 and Mac OS 10.12 Sierra. I'm not saying it can't be done, but if I were guessing, I would say that your going to have problems and it may be wise (and time) to upgrade your Ps.

Thanks to you both for the prompt reply. I think I'll wait for awhile to upgrade. I want to have the ability to use PS CS5.1 even though I have CC2017. I think I might upgrade one of my iMacs to see what happens. I need to make sure I can use it on my laptop and one of my iMacs, but I suppose I can sacrifice my wife's iMac in case it won't work.

Thanks much!
John

UPDATE: I made my wife's iMac the "sacrificial lamb" and upgraded to Sierra. I had to download and install a new Java update, but after that my PS CS5.1 seemed to work just fine. I'll play more tomorrow, but as of now I think it'll be fine. I don't normally use the CS5.1, but I want to have it available.

Thanks a lot friends!

John
Vancouver, WA.

Back