What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Cutting a background out

Ally2021

Hi guys just trying to cut this background out but having problems with the shadow at the bottom , any help would be great

Thanks for the help

52649465_10156866981361718_204221558871293952_o.jpg

Make a selection of the man with the Quick Selection tool. Don't worry about getting all of the shoes. Use the selection to make a mask and manually paint with white to get the parts of the shoes that you may have missed. Paint with black to cover any parts you don't want. (black conceals, white reveals) Screenshot 2021-03-08 165940.jpg

You seem to have deleted the shadow, i will try but still no luck , on my end , again I'm every new to this

Here ya go - I added a new drop shadow and posted this as a png so you have a transparent background.
You can drop this on to any background you like.
Hope this works for you.
- Jeff
leaning figure edited.png

Change in drop shadow so he's sitting closer to the ground...
- Jeff
leaning figure edited 2.png

Last edited:
Correction - 2nd edit had a white background. Here's png with transparent background...
- Jeff
leaning figure edited 3.png

Last edited:
@Ally2021 - I found some errors in the masking that I just couldn't let go. Corrected both versions and attached below as transparent pngs.
My apologies for the back-and-forth.
- Jeff
leaning figure edited REV 4A.png

leaning figure edited REV 4B.png

Back