What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darken Light Bulb Desciption on the Bulb with Photoshop

jwright

I took a photo of a light bulb and need to darken the information that comes on the light bulb. How can I do that.

light bulb.jpg

Paul

Former Member
'Your' photo looks an awful lot like a generic image off of any of the selling bulbs cheap websites, strange that?

Tom Mann

Guru
Is this so that you can read the partially obscured marks (ie, strictly for pragmatic, identification purposes), or is your goal more for artistic reasons (eg, to make a photo that shows well ), or maybe a little bit of both?

There are techniques that will enhance the local contrast but produce a rather gritty, not very flattering image, and then there are other techniques (eg, superimposing fake lettering and numbers) that has the potential to look beautiful, but which assume you already know what's written there?

Also, is it out of the question to simply go back and take a better photo (...primarily better lighting)? It often costs the company much less to simply re-shoot a set of problematic product images than it does to pay someone to photoshop them into submission, LOL.

Tom M

Last edited:

jwright

Is this so that you can read the partially obscured marks (ie, strictly for pragmatic, identification purposes), or is your goal more for artistic reasons (eg, to make a photo that shows well ), or maybe a little bit of both?

There are techniques that will enhance the local contrast but produce a rather gritty, not very flattering image, and then there are other techniques (eg, superimposing fake lettering and numbers) that has the potential to look beautiful, but which assume you already know what's written there?

Also, is it out of the question to simply go back and take a better photo (...primarily better lighting)? It often costs the company much less to simply re-shoot a set of problematic product images than it does to pay someone to photoshop them into submission, LOL.

Tom M

I will be taking the photos myself again but yes it is so the customers can read what the light bulb is so when they go on our website to purchase the light bulb they can just look at the photo description and know its the one they need.

Paul

Former Member
I will be taking the photos myself again but yes it is so the customers can read what the light bulb is so when they go on our website to purchase the light bulb they can just look at the photo description and know its the one they need.

Sorted surely?

jwright

Sorted surely?

Yes sorted but customers rely on the photo image of the light bulb to make sure its the same on they have not just the description on the item. We actually have customer call up and say that my light bulb do not match your light bulb information.

Paul

Former Member
The image you have supplied as blown out light reflections across the middle and it's to distorted to clean up, take new photos without flash on a white background.

Tom Mann

Guru
Using flash is fine - It just can't be a single one mounted near or on the camera. It has to be 2 or more flashes mounted well off to the sides. A light tent lit from the sides would be even better.

Tom M

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Its because it is one of my companys photos. we are trying to fix them

What's your company?

If you do a image search on this image, it appears all over the internet.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This is not the same bulb. The other bulb is a MP70/U/MED. This is a M175/U. But, it's a much better photo.

CPR

If it was me I'd just use the clone tool and take off the partial words. Then copy the words from the good bulb and use PS to make the changes to the letters.