What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DEATH Is Waiting

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Today was the day they replaced my oil boiler. Of course no heat in the house during the that time.
So I hided in my 'office' with an electric heater.
From this

living-room.jpgoldmanonbench-2.pngGrim-Reaper.jpg

and a hourglass from PixelSquid I made

Death Is Waiting.jpg

(Note: DEATH is always talking in capital letters!)

Nice work, the death guy is a little hard to see, at least in my screen, maybe if he stay behind the windows?
Love the ambientation and the sand clock :cheesygrin:

A excellent composite with a very eerie atmosphere. I love the lighting.
:clap:Very cool job Eggy, perfectly executed.

Nice work, the death guy is a little hard to see, at least in my screen, maybe if he stay behind the windows?
Love the ambientation and the sand clock :cheesygrin:

Ahhh, DEATH doesn't need a place in the spotlight. We know it is there. The big equalizer.
In the mean time, life is slipping through our fingers, like sand.

Wow, its just a dark composite.
:cheesygrin:

Thanks Chris.
I wanted to create something 'Clair/Obscur'-ish.
I love that style.

Ahhh, DEATH doesn't need a place in the spotlight. We know it is there. The big equalizer.
In the mean time, life is slipping through our fingers, like sand.

Wow, its just a dark composite.

hahaha nice explanation, you're totally right :yourock:

Loving everything about the left hand side of the image and most of the central areas lighting etc, just not to happy with the reaper in the doorway.
But hey just me and my eyes that said great work as usual mate, loving the feel and mood to it also which is a task in it's self.

Loving everything about the left hand side of the image and most of the central areas lighting etc, just not to happy with the reaper in the doorway.
But hey just me and my eyes that said great work as usual mate, loving the feel and mood to it also which is a task in it's self.

Thanks Paul,
What is it you don't like about the reaper in the doorway?
I'm totally open for suggestions.
I tried to give 'it' a place without having the focus on 'it'.

Thanks Paul,
What is it you don't like about the reaper in the doorway?
I'm totally open for suggestions.
I tried to give 'it' a place without having the focus on 'it'.

Cool, i meant right hand side for the atmospheric feel sorry,as for the reaper it just looks slightly 'stuck on' but that might be me and my eyes lol.
The smoke at his feet also looks a bit whack i get what you had in mind, i would have dropped him right back into almost nothing but a shadowy outline and given him red eyes or something, and maybe a slight dodge application to the sands of time just to make it stand out as it is this that is central to the story no?

Thanks for the suggestions Paul. I'll give it a go this afternoon.

Thanks for the suggestions Paul. I'll give it a go this afternoon.

No worries my friend, but please remember no one way or outcome is the end result ONLY YOU the creator can make final decisions and changes if truly needed.:thumbsup:

It is nice to get some feedback allowing me to improve not only my technique but also the way to make a composition that pleases the eye.
In the adjusted version I repositionned the man in the seat using perspective warp (way better then warp).
I also enhanced the hour glass and made the reaper almost blend into the surrounding with little red eyes.
I must say that I prefer this version over my original.

Therefor I urge all members to post their work in order to get feedback.
(To quote someone: we don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents)

Death Is Waiting B.jpg

Thanks Chris!

Are you ready for challenge 35?
A droid, this is really something for you.

It is nice to get some feedback allowing me to improve not only my technique but also the way to make a composition that pleases the eye.
In the adjusted version I repositionned the man in the seat using perspective warp (way better then warp).
I also enhanced the hour glass and made the reaper almost blend into the surrounding with little red eyes.
I must say that I prefer this version over my original.

Therefor I urge all members to post their work in order to get feedback.
(To quote someone: we don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents)

View attachment 62504

Perfect just as i imagined it brilliant work.

Back