What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dirty Logo

Butterau

Hi all,

I am trying to create a logo for a mate's dirt kart race team. I am trying to give the font a look like it has Dirt sprayed / splattered on the white lettering. Can some give me some istruction / ideas to make this look good? Also if someone can help me make the Mole appear to come out of the whole on the O more realistic that would be awesome.

THe attachment gives the idea of what I am trying to acheive (dont know why it is so small as I am def a newb!).

Thanks

Untitled-1.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 5
Try filling the white with brown and then applying a texture on a layer above, with the blending mode set to overlay.
Then either erase, or mask out the unwanted parts of the texture layer

Thanks Icarus, That was the method I was trying but in reverse (white on top and erasing it). I wil try the other way.

Thanks

There is too much happening for it to be a logo me thinks. What is it going to be used on, because you have to think about if you are going to put in on t-shirts for example, is the image of your logo suitable for the printing process. A good logo will not only be good to look at, but good on a web page, t-shirt, flyer, and easily recognised as a small or big image. Did you know the mole you are using is copyrighted http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-101509144/stock-vector-mole-cartoon.html

I thought of helping TS through giving suggestions
1. Use Original image
2. Change your color scheme
3. Use vectors

anyways i'll be trying to send a mock draft for your logo

Back