What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Distorted Text Question

TwistedNerve

Can anybody help me to copy this? What do I need to do to warp the text? I tried the warp tool but it doesn't do this, it seems to be cropping the text.

Monarex.jpg

Edit - I've used the "Arc Upper" warp tool which works well for the top curve, but it warps the entire image rather than leaving the bottom edge straight.

Then isn't that what you want. I'm sorry, what effect are you trying to achieve? You can use the warp to shape it however you like. You can manipulate warp to curve the bottom of the letters or keep the straight line. Once you rasterize the text that is. You can't use warp on text unless you rasterize it. One ting that can happen though is that you will get pixellation and edges will blur or give you something distorted when you transform type, rasterized or otherwise.

So you have used the arc text word art instead?

I'm just mnot understanding what you want or how you are going abour trying to achieve it.

OK, well to me yo were't real clear since it sounded like you already tried the warp tool.

This done using transform>warp.

It's a quick job I did so you could make it better.

SAMPLE.jpg

I tried the warp tool but as I explained above it warps the bottom of the text too - how do I lock it so the baseline text remains straight?

Ah, OK, I thought that might be where you got hung up. Just move the bottom side corners down, or pull/push on the M and the X and it will bring them down in line with your guide. Make guides so you get your bottom line straight.

And please stop referring to what you explained above. I already read it. Call it my bad, but I couldn't quite understand what you meant.

I'm not having much luck with this. Here's what happens with the warp tool. I can't keep the bottom of the text straight.

Attachments

• MonarexWarp1.jpg
    MonarexWarp1.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 22
This one way using Photoshop. Put each letter on it's own layer and rasterize them. Make a guide on it's own layer and distort the top of each letter to fit. Throw away the guide when you're done.

I didn't try to get it absolutely perfect but you should get the idea.

Attachments

• ScreenShot003.jpg
    ScreenShot003.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 0
So easy in AI using the Touch Type tool...PITB in PS. Just one more reason to be able to work in both programs. Make the text in AI and just paste over to PS.

Last edited:
Either way you still have to work with each letter individually. But Illustrator does make it easier.

But not one on a separate layer for Pete's sake..LOL
Either way you still have to work with each letter individually. But Illustrator does make it easier.

I used the warp tool then perspective.

warpperp.jpg just pulled left and right top corners up then pulled middle two top edges down a little - made good using the perspective tool.

Nothing 'easier' than my approach though, besides some might not have illustrator.

Back