What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dividing pics please help

ForevaRock

How can i take a picture of a plan and divide the grid squares into individual pictures. For example I have a picture of a map and I want to install it onto a floor using a projector. I need to scale it and transpose it onto the floor in 16 foot by 16 foot pictures

polarwoc

Guru
How can i take a picture of a plan and divide the grid squares into individual pictures.

By "Plan", did you mean a Floor Plan of a building site? By "individual pictures" did you mean you want each room as a separate layer?

polarwoc

Guru
Please post all your pictures in this thread. i just saw them on the other one, but did not understand what a floor plan and a map are doing transposed onto each other.

polarwoc

Guru
Okay, I kind of understand now.
So, just the last of the three pictures needs to be on the grid?

polarwoc

Guru
So, you have a geographical map. You want that to be on a 16 X 16 grid where each grid is 1 square feet. Now, you want each of the grids to be printed onto tiles separately. So, you want to be supplied the pictures of each of the grids.

Did I understand you correctly?

polarwoc

Guru
Okay. Do you have the picture of the map in High Quality? The higher the resolution you can get, the better is the output going to be.

ForevaRock

So, you have a geographical map. You want that to be on a 16 X 16 grid where each grid is 1 square feet. Now, you want each of the grids to be printed onto tiles separately. So, you want to be supplied the pictures of each of the grids.

Did I understand you correctly?
Not printed just divided into separate pictures in order so I can put them on a flash drive and as I layout put the floor I will move the projector and change pictures

hawkeye

Guru
Select the slice tool, right click the photo then select Divide Slice. Set number of horizontal and vertical divisions. Click OK when done. Save for web will save each slice individually.