What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dont be shy now, what ages are we all :)

:D Great to have you back Ime!! I was wondering where you've been....
And good for both you and Al at 50!!! B7 B7 :perfect:
---Maya

Thank you Maya and Al. I must do a lot of tests befor doctors can say what is wrong with me [upset] . From time to time I read your posts but I am to tired to work and make somthing new in ps.
I noticed Maya that you have a new nick and I like it, like I love your work. :) :perfect:

:D Just want to say "thanks" Ime and glad you made it back to PSG---best wishes too for your recovery/feeling better!! :D
---Maya

Will be 32 in April but still a child in my mind.

Just noticed that I'm a "new" member :D

:rofl: Sheesh, Ran, you're but a young'un...whew, I was 15 when you were born...I'm old enough to be your mother! :rofl: :rofl: ;) ...and "welcome back" new old member! ;)
---Maya

Maya, be my mother :D

I ment young in my mind as all I do is 3D graphics and play pc
games, I should be thinking about gettin' a bit more serious in the
near future, I just don't know how to do it . . .
( and at the same time find out how to leave my computers
every now and then ).

http://www.ran3d.com

:rofl: :rofl: Ran, if I were your mother you'd have a tough time "growing up" ;) (I haven't managed it myself and growing up is highly over-rated!)...do whatever you enjoy in life and believe in! Be serious about that, and good things will happen. :D

---Maya

:rofl: You're very appealing, Ran ---even like that--- :rofl: go play and have fun! ;)

Thanks, nice to meet someone who doesn't judge by the outer
look :D

PS : thank to you I'm now an active member after so many years :rofl:

;) Yeah, when things on the board were rennovated a lot of us sort of were reranked again...back to square one...I haven't been here very long though myself, and the first I've seen of any post of yours was back a month or so....so you have been a member here a long time???
Hey, but at least you're back and "active!" :rofl: I'm happy to be "guilty as charged" of helping your rank change. ;)

As for judging by appearances??? Nope, not me!!! I don't care what you look like, Ran, but your spirit comes through and that's what counts. Glad you made it back to the board to visit now and then. ;)
---Maya

Hi Maya,

Yeah, been here a long time ago and very active but then I found
my true love ( 3D ) and was focused on that, but still visiting
all the time to read some posts and to learn from everybody here.

I still remember us editing each other's pictures, that was fun,
Rick with his guitar, Stu with his long hair ( I had long hair too
back than ) and Mark of course . . .

It's funny but my work with 3D is 50% 2D since I love low poly
modeling the most ( for games ).

:p

B7 3D--- I can see how that absorbs you. I've got C4d version 6 (gleaned the free copy from 3D World magazine then upgraded it to the full version 6) a few other oddments too, like Poser5, MojoWorld, Terragen, UltraFractal3...also besides PSCS (and I'm actually fairly new to computer graphics and PS) I've worked quite a bit with the vector ap XaraX. Now it seems I mix them all up together in design work. Mostly, though, I started out as a painter with oils, then acrylics, even some airbrush work and I still find I do most work with 2D. I haven't yet spent the proper amount of time to learn the 3D aps fully....but I'll get around to it! :D It's all loads of fun, and this board is an absolute treasure-trove of info and wonderful helpful people. :D

It's amazing how much game graphics have improved in just a few years...that must be fun to work on creating computer games. B7

Enjoy! :D

You bet this forum is a treasure, I haven't seen any forum like
this with so many nice people !

I'm planing on finiding the time in the near future to go study
how to draw ( used to draw comics when I was young ). That
will surely improve my texturing skills.

Yeap, game art is unbelievable these days but the higher the
poly count the more hell it is to map and unwrap ( make the
model ready for texture ).

The problem is I don't do game art for occupation, that's what
I wanna do but I still work in the family business ( software
engineering ) but recently I started to do some freelance work
and it's sooooooooo boring, I'm making 3D shoes [confused]
( the game art I do is for non-profit projects, but it builds my
resume ).

Do you have a web-site with your works ? ( I'm talking about
the real drawings, not computer graphics ) If so I'd love to see
it.

Anyway, this is mine http://www.ran3d.com

Later . . .

Ran

You're quite right! Mark has the best one around, the atmosphere is friendly and helpful and attracts those to it of the same nature (Mark deserves a huge round of applause and appreciation for all his efforts :} :} :}).

Great idea in studying drawing, you'll enjoy that and it will help I'm sure in everything you create. Comics----those artists are very talented, I admire the work they do and marvel how they can keep up with the editors' deadlines. They seem to just ooze creativity!I've collected all sorts of comics as well, and even by chance, a few months ago, met the artist who has been drawing the "Groo" character cartoon/comics for like 30 years (also he's from "Mad" magazine), Sergio Aragones...in of all places an old antique shop where I was looking at some very old skeleton keys, and we just got to talking. :D He had a tough time getting started too, but he never gave up, and then he just finally found the right editor---success at last!!! ;) So never give up! I would think it would be a natural tie-in with the games also.

Those 3D shoes and the games you work on will lead down that road you want to take---just keep doing what you love, it'll happen! ;)

I've posted a few threads here on the "Show-board" (actually quite a few :rofl: )which do contain some of my paintings with just a bit of PS to ready them for display here...if you're interested just look for the "Raven" and there's all sorts of stuff I've posted recently there. The tiger painting is one of my favorites it is a 24" x 36" canvas...it and many others I think are on a "Too Cold? Think Warm, Think Tropics, Think Parrots ??" thread and there are others with snowy landscapes in sort of holiday card/scenes....I'll see if I can sort through them and put some links to a few here....

Will check out your site too! :perfect:
...off to dredge up a link or two........
he_watches.jpg

Back