What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dont be shy now, what ages are we all :)

...also a link to a winter landscape (from the "Alpine Winter" thread on the Show-board) this is also a 24" x 36" canvas I just made into a card design here...but you can get an idea.... ;)

winter_scene_holiday.jpg

...one more linked image off my "Winter At Crow Haven" thread on the Show-board....a pair of ravens....but there are lots more there of all sorts of stuff back many pages.
Enjoy! :D
ravenxmas.jpg

P.S. checked your site---WoW! Very nice! :perfect: Looks like you've got more than enough talent and ability to get into the game creation business---just hang in there, it'll be more than 3D "shoes" one day!!! ;) I liked all the models, I know getting people modelled well is no easy task especially, but you've got a knack with faces too. The tanks and various weaponry are very impressive (I see why you asked about the knurled knobbs today in the other thread---I don't have experience with those particular guns but that which I have have knurling which is more of a sharply cut and bevelled diamond/crosshatched pattern rather than the little round bumps---looking more like they are cut into the metal/machined...but I'm no expert there so stayed out of it [innocent] ). Love those windows!!!!! How cool---I don't know of any here that open like that. Nice work there as well. :perfect: :}
---Maya

OMG Maya ! ! !

Did you draw these images with real brush on real "paper" ? ? ?

It's too beautiful, I'm amazed !

Lemme know if you want to work someday together for fun, as
a modeler and texture artist, in all my projects I build what the
concept artist is drawing. Good concept artist = good models.
Maya drawings = top quality models :D

Here is something I modeled for example, but it was from my
mind, if I'd follow a concept art it would be better ( no worry
I do have creativity, it's just how it usualy goes : concept artist
draw for me, I model for the animator, the animator animates
it and the programer put it in the game engine ).

BTW, the image that is in my home page is a render of Maya, one
of my first models ( named after my first love, my Scorpio Maya ).

I never had the time to finish her so I left her unproportioned,
besides it became to high on polygon count and even my fast
pc's have trouble handling with it so I left it unfinished.

Here is what I had before I stoped :

Whoops crossed-posted with ya there .... whew! :D Like I said, I don't think you have any problems with modelling and design! ;)

;) Yes, those artworks are drawn and painted with old-fashioned brushes paints on canvases (or paper used for some things, and some watercolor work at times too)... :D Thanks for taking a look at them. I can draw anything basically, even people/portraits, it doesn't matter what it is really. For certain types of things, though, as with props used in some certain time frame--something that would need to be historically accurate in details I would need some reference materials to get things "right"....but perhaps after the holiday season has calmed down perhaps we could put some drawings and modelings together and see what you can do with it.
I can't promise you anything as I haven't worked on any games before or what sort of items you'd need for them...but we could try if you'd like. You do very well on your own as it is. ;)

Well---you are a loooong ways away, I don't even know the time difference between there and here (US--Oregon coast) but it's storming here tonight and currently 8:04p.m. and I've got to get to some other stuff this evening...send a PM when you want to talk designs, drawings, etc. and I'll send you an email address you can post stuff to.
---Have a good one there, and best wishes for the season and 2004! :D
---Maya

:D

My e-mail is : bloodfb@zahav.net.il

And MSN : ran66666

And would love working with you !

Later . . .

Ran

PS : it's 6:14am here, since it's so late ( early ) I don't think I'll
go to sleep at all, got lots of work on my latest rifle and got
Harry Poter book near my bed and a book of trigonometry with
lots of exercises. When I was a programmer my soul died and
when I started doing 2D and web-design and later 3D my soul
is in heaven but my brain is looking for attention all the time
so I have to give it some math exercise to come down :D

:D Okay! Good that you discovered the 2D and 3D artworld!
Wish I had your math ability---that's something I lack, but if I had I probably would be working in some science field or medical field (I love astronomy and scifi, as well as fantasy art) by now...funny how things go sometimes, but art is also very rewarding. :D

Talk with you later---
Maya

Hi Maya,

OMG, I was taking a shower and for some reason I thought about
you and told myself "there is something I forgot" and then it hit
me : you mentioned GROO ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

I loved Groo when I was young, that idiot always killed the good
guys by mistake :D

And he had this dog ( Ruferto or something ) always following
him.

And the Sage, and Arba and Dakabra ( if I remember correctly )...

Anyways, I like sci-fi and such too, but I love FANTASY the most.

Laters . . .

Ran

PS : forgot to mention, I still didn't look for a job in 3D :D I was
hoping to work as a freelancer and that way not to be commited
to anybody, I'm not good with being in a "frame", and don't know
how to take orders, it's gonna be strange to work for someone
else [confused] but it's time to leave the family business and
do it on my own.

Still kicking

I'm 73 and finally found out I am perfect. I discovered that by age 25 I had made all the mistakes I was ever going to make. After that I just kept repeating myself.

I also discovered that as you get older there is good news and bad news.
The good news is that you develop a more perfect memory. The bad news is that you have short recall.

"Nothing is impossible as long as someone else has to do it."

:rofl: :D Yep, that's the cartoon "Groo" and the artist I met a few months ago while he and his wife were vacationing---they had gone up to Seattle, Washington, I believe to do some stuff regarding his comics works, then wandered on down the coast from there, and I just happened to be in town that day and we ran into one another. He is a really charming and nice man. :D His website is at http://www.sergioaragones.com/bio.htm and you can read about his experiences there also in getting his career started. It's quite interesting.

As for working with others, yeah, I know what you mean there too....I've pretty much just done "my own thing" over the years...but it's also good to gain some skills in working with others in the art world unless you insist on totally going it alone. But it can be a help even if you only work on projects with others for a while, there can be many things gained and learned. I sense you have pretty much boundless energy also, which is a wonderful thing and will help get you where you want to be. I wish I had that kind of energy, but I'm a bit more relaxed. You've got the strengths you need to succeed in this business on your own or with others...just go for it! ;)

I've got tons of things to do today. Talk to ya later, Ran.
---Maya
------------------------------------
GeorgeF73--- :perfect: :D :D You're right!

Back