What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dot Gradient effect

luiscruz

Hi guys, I´ve been trying to figure out hoy to do this effect, and still cant figure out how to do it as bold as the example im going to show you. Most of the times I end up using Noise or Mezzotint effects, and then degrading it with the rubber tool on different oppacities. I would really apreciate help, thanks! The artists name is Jack FletcherCLoud-Cove-FINALLY-DONE_2480.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello.

This is brush set to dissolve or possibly a splatter brush used with the Brush Tool applied to look like a gradient and not an actual gradient applied with the Gradient Tool. The brush is used in conjunction with or without a cloud like selection probabaly made with the Pen Tool.
Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 10.02.28 PM.png

luiscruz

Yeah started thinking about brushes after I posted this, does it come incorporated with standard photoshop? Thanks!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
does it come incorporated with standard photoshop? Thanks!
What?
The Brush Tool? Yes.
The dissolve option? Yes.
Splatter Brush? Yes................this can be done by using Brush Control Panel.