What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dramatic Color Scheme

otavilog

Dear Members,

I am looking to learn how to change the color scheme of my photos to add more dramatic look. Can someone point me to a good tutorial perhaps to help me out? please see the link below for the look I want to achieve. Thanks in advance.

www.photoshopgurus.com.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

StanleyRogers

There's a panel in Photoshop called adjustments, all of the buttons in that panel create an a adjustment layer. I use curves, hue saturation, selective color mostly. Try them out and see what effects you can get by slowly adjusting the adjustment layer properties. Curves is the best way to change values in my opinion. Add points to the curve and move them about to modify the value range of the layer below.

Argos

Guru
In adition with stanleyrogers said, you can play with the ilumination and filter like nick collection offers for free to add drama XD.

Example made in 5 minuts.

www3.jpg

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi otavilog

I imported your image, turned it into a Smart Object, used the Camera Raw filter, turned up the vibrance quite a bit, clarity up by 50% and adjusted the tone to show at least a dramatic change from your original image. Just trying to point you in one possible direction to take. Hope this helps
John Wheeler

Deer-and-woman-adj.jpg

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
Guys - I could easily be wrong, but my interpretation of the OP's request is that he wants to make some image(s) (not shown) to look like the image in the link he provided, and which Gedstar incorporated directly into the OP's post. In other words, I don't think he is looking for ways to make the image we see even more dramatic. But, as I said, I could easily be wrong.

Cheers,

Tom M

PS - FWIW, after being in Europe for 3+ weeks, we just returned to the US a couple of days ago, and I promptly came down with mother of all head colds, a honey-do list for Xmas, etc., LOL. I'll be ramping back up my activity here right after Xmas.

...please see the link below for the look I want to achieve. Thanks in advance. http://www.renklisen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/doğadan-objektife-akan-aşk-800x510.jpg