What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dream Thoughts

I really like this. Love the theme.

I would say that there needs to be some more shadowing on the things that are facing toward us. Maybe shadow the castle wall slightly as well as the tree and the lions.

Like I said, looks great anyway.

As Sam said, nice concept...

I feel the lighting is all out. Most of your light sources come from behind, yet everything facing forward is illuminated. The blurred planet on the bottom right doesn't make much sense, especially as the asteroids on the left are blurred the same, but what puts me off is the bubble in front of the blurred planet.

Yeah nice idea, like others have said lighting is off the biggest things that twist my melon are the blatant apple plug and the starlight flare off the bubble with the spaceman in it, it radiates out over the guy with the laptops leg, or is the bubblenaught in front of said laptop geezer?

The bubblenaught is in front of the guy with the laptop.
For the lighting, I've try to do my best to create a illuminated scene but with a light source behind the elements. I was not going to do a intensive backlight because every elements would be black and without details. So i tried to light up a little side of each things.
Maybe it would be better if my light source were in front of the scene....
The bubble and asteroids at the front of composition are blured to create a profundity effect, so they're at the same level.
Inkz, I don't understand what planet are you speaking. There's just one planet which is behind the man.
(Sorry if my English isn't very good, i'm a french student)

The bubblenaught is in front of the guy with the laptop.
For the lighting, I've try to do my best to create a illuminated scene but with a light source behind the elements. I was not going to do a intensive backlight because every elements would be black and without details. So i tried to light up a little side of each things.
Maybe it would be better if my light source were in front of the scene....
The bubble and asteroids at the front of composition are blured to create a profundity effect, so they're at the same level.
Inkz, I don't understand what planet are you speaking. There's just one planet which is behind the man.
(Sorry if my English isn't very good, i'm a french student)

Your English is better than my French my friend so no worries there.
I also noticed you have blurred some foreground portions and not others? As for the bubblenaught and the main person with laptop there is no sense of perspective.

I also noticed you have blurred some foreground portions and not others?
I was afraid that if my foreground was blurred, it wouldn't be esthetic.

As for the bubblenaught and the main person with laptop there is no sense of perspective.
Why ? What I should have done ?

Inkz said:
The blurred planet on the bottom right doesn't make much sense, especially as the asteroids on the left are blurred the same, but what puts me off is the bubble in front of the blurred planet.

Screen Shot 2013-08-27 at 2.51.34 PM.png

Good observation. Is this a planet? If so it should not be transparent. The bubble's refraction may be what Inkz referring to.

Sorry, my mistake. I see it's a bubble now..

I guess if it was a planet, it wouldn't have stars in front of it.

Back