What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ecological logo

Ivan Posavec

Hello people, i want to show you what i done today, i hope you will like it.
Comment, criticize and give some ideas for improving this logo
Thanks!

4yla.png

If I were making that I would forget the embossing just leave it Flat maybe two colors
4yla_i.png

Then I would suggest making the word "life" green only... But I guess its a preference thing. To me the two different colors make my eyes jump to read it quickly I need to go back-and-forth

Nice idea.

One comment about the sun. The tree is not extended out from the surrounding letters. Personally, I would bring in the body of the sun to make it closer and set the rays under the "C."

I do agree with iDad about the colors. If I were making it, I would try doing it all in green, but make the tree a darker shade, and see how that looks. By the same token, you may want to consider making the "EC" of eco into a golden shade. The all green signifying nature might be a bit trite and surely isn't necessary to get your message across.

My last suggestion would be to move the eco work down towards the life and have the sun lined up on a closer diagonal to the tree.

I'll see if I can demonstrate this like iDad showed his suggestion.

Here's a thought. Of course, the letters are thicker as I just selected and filled them, not being able to remove the emboss.

ecolife2.png

Here's with a stroke.

ecolife3.png

BTW, I hope you made this in a larger resolution/size if you mean to truly use it. Even if it is just for your portfolio, I would recommend making it of the highest quality.

I think it is to much for a logo it has what I call the clip art look back in the early days when you could use basic illustrations in a microsoft word document. your eyes don't really focus on anything.

Not my logo to design or advise so it really is down to your preference if it is for no one else but if you are going to have more than 1 graphical aspect to a logo it should blend with it or be more of a background addition, But that is just my personal opinion if I was to do it then I would reference the sun in a subtle way something more like the example I have provided. By all no means it is not a pro logo design or anything close more of a representation of how I would approach it.
Untitled.png

You're right Hoogle. It is a bit hard to read and focus on main elements in the original form. I like your abstract, subtle rendition of the sun. I actually like the "clip-art" tree. But good idea there.

That look like a speedometer to me lol

Already tossed my idea out there

The latest version has potential...

But still don't have the wow factor, which is so important when designing a simple logo. The stroke is not needed and I feel the text gradient isnt needed.

May I suggest adding colour should be the last thing you do to a logo. Create the logo design in black and white first.

Back