What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Electra v1.0 officially released.

richardrosenman

Hi gang;

I've finally released my latest commercial plugin called Electra.

Electra is a powerful Photoshop plugin for generating electric rays, lightning bolts, electrical charges, power currents and much more. Electra is fast, packs a rich feature-set and is fully-integrated within Adobe Photoshop. Electra was developed to account for this key missing Photoshop feature which I often need and most likely, others do too!

Electra’s resulting output is stunningly realistic. As a matter of fact, Electra has been modeled after real-world lightning ray examples and developed to simulate as closely as possible natural phenomena. A multitude of options allow for meticulously-generated rays including the ability to specify the start and end points, the start and end ray thickness, the resolution, the amount of displacement, the number of rays, the random seed and much, much more.

software_electra_lightning02.jpg

Electra not only supports rays but just like real-world electrical currents, it also supports branches. As a matter of fact, Electra can feature up to 20 branches per ray, with a depth of up to 3 levels of branches! This means the first branch could feature up to 20 rays, one of its branches could feature up to 20 rays, and one of its branches could feature another 20. Despite the potential for hundreds of thousands of rays, Electra is lightning fast and renders content in seconds.

software_electra_branches.jpg

For more info, images and research, check out the Electra product page and download the free demo!

-Richard

This looks pretty cool. Any chance for a Mac version someday ? Same goes for your other plugins...

This looks pretty cool. Any chance for a Mac version someday ? Same goes for your other plugins...

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it. It would requite pretty much a complete redo to get Mac versions. I've started developing After Effects versions and that is more feasible to port to Mac but for now, that too will be limited to Windows. The other problem is that if you provide for another platform, you need to support it too and since I don't work with Mac, my experience is more limited.

Here's the first After Effects plugin if you're interested: http://richardrosenman.com/shop/particle-projection/

-Rich

Yeah, I understand... it's a shame though... your plugins look quite interesting... I remember looking at "Lumiere" a few months/years ago, thinking "finally, a decent glow" only to find out I couldn't use it. Anyway, I guess you know what you'Re doing eh ? ;) . Thanks for the answer.

Back