What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Explosion effect

lindaw

Power User
This is just toooo funny! Gaus, your killing me! I have sprayed Mt Dew all over my desk! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

sfm

Guru
ha ha ha I just have to join in here...........
sfm

sfm

Guru
ha ha ha there is coffee on the keyboard guys very funny indeed

come on Stu join in you said you would come out and play ha ha ha
sfm

vogonpoet

exellent tip there gaussian!~ thanks for sharing it with us.

Heres my attempt (with a few mods)

vogonpoet

very nebula-tastic Mark! heh

nice work from all!

Lindaw: I added 2 more red/yellow random shaped cloud layers under my original red/yellow cloud layer and scaled/rotated them and softened the opacities.

I also added a layer filled with gray and noise, applied the radial blur to it (zoom option) then used a layer mask to hide parts of it.

Also added a layer and used the airbrush to spray on some random dots that I then twirled everso slighty to get the dark spots

Finally I added a few layers (blck with noise) for the star bg.

Thats was about it I think ! This was all in addition to following Gaussians base tip!

::edit:: I forgot, Ialso did a bit of hand smudging with a small brush on the 2 new coloured cloud layers! I always forget the little things!

G

This time I used the technique for a vulcano. The vulcano itself is created by making a rock tecture and changing the perspective and adding some liquify on the sides of the triangle. All the bright red parts are all the result of the blending and not a red paintbrush.

Linda

An explosion of goood hot designs guys and gals

Hey Linda --Send that fireman right over
---I've got something burning here

Joy:p [saywhat]

lindaw

Power User
This has been fun!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Joy.....:shocked:

I just figured Mrs. Mark would have those wonderful exploding fits that women with child seem to have, and it is there right I must say! We should have a challenge....something to do with baby stuff or Mark's condition in a few months. We gotta be nice to the Mrs. though!:D

sfm

Guru
he he he good idea ha ha ha the mind wobbles!
sfm