What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exporting to illustrator

Tiago peter

Hello friends! i am in urgent need of help! i have created a design for a product package all in photoshop each thing in its own separate layer.

I then saved it as a .eps file and opened it in illustrator but i can’t seem to do anything else on the file it looks as if it becomes a jpeg of some sort non editable. I would like to know if its possible to export this image from photoshop to illustrator still being able to edit the files in illustrator since the company only works with corel and illustrator.

will i have to redo the whole artwork in illustrator? the graphic has no problems with pixels its just that the file needs to be “ editable” i already tried the create outlines button but it doesnt allow me to do so.

i am using CS5
thanks for the help!

Are you able to save this file as a PSD and then open the PSD in Illustrator?

I had no idea that i was able to do such a thing, i will try it when i get home! thankd for your help!

I have done it and it asks if i want each layer in objects or a single image, i then chose objects but i still can’t seem to notice a difference , what should i be looking for?

The problem may not be in photoshop but in illustrator. Your selection may be locked. Go to your tool bar at the top and select Object>unlock all (if unlock all is grayed out or not available then I don't know because I am really just starting to learn illustrator) Hope this helps out and good luck.

Back