What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extensive Photo Restoration

xtrme

Photoshop tools/procedures used to restore this photo:

Channel Mixer to isolate the channel(s) with the most contrast
Curves to enhance contrast (separate layers and brushed in multiple times)
Healing brush on some of the larger stains
Mixer Brush Tool to repair the rest of the damage (hard to believe I know but it's an amazing tool for restoration work when setup properly)

before:
oldwest_before.jpg

after:
oldwest_after.jpg

I love old photo retouching, but your work just amazing! The details what u managed to restore just stunning! The faces and the clothes, all the best quality.

Care to explain more deeply (if its not a problem), what exactly you did when:

"Channel Mixer to isolate the channel(s) with the most contrast
Curves to enhance contrast (separate layers and brushed in multiple times)"

I tried to do the same on some pictures, but I couldnt even get close to your result.

(Your othert works on your website are amazing works too!)

i do a lot of restoration myself, i just have to say i'm impressed with fine work.
some paper grain might be added as well to get to the historic period technique.

Like ibis, I do quite a lot of Photo Restoration and this is definitely one of the best pieces I've seen.

excellent work how long did it take you to do? I do some photo restoration myself? i created a grading scale 1-10, 10 being the worst and i charge $10 per level. But this photo definatally would have been a 20 I would have charged them $200. I also just had a guy in who had a old picture of himself in the army not only did I repair it but he also asked me to add color to it as well.

I really wish my High School went into more detail about photo restoration. I never knew you could enhance the image even more to that it would look even better then if it was restored normally.

Back