What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Family pets

Paul

Former Member
Heres Woody, hes two years old and a very lazy hound:) But we love him:redface:

Last edited:

Sierraccr

Power User
You know not what you started..... :rofl:

You've already met Bear, of course, but here's another shot of him being his usual self - making trouble. I believe he is stealing my pen this time.

BearTable.jpg

The other cat is Mercy. She is pretty much the opposite of Bear. A very prissy little lady, but one who creates much carnage among the local rodent, bird and lizard population.

Mercy2.jpg

And finally here is Sara, my constant companion for over 15 years, looking guilty because she is not supposed to be on the bed.

Dog2.jpg

I also have several hundred tropical fish, but we won't go into that here. ;)

Digital4Hue

Hey man, I just could not resist. His name is Pippins, this is his Halloween T.

pippins2.jpg

He looks like he is in a mood swing.

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
He was thinking, "My Gawd are humans stooopid. I'm sitting on my food plate trying to tell them that I'm hungry, and they just don't get it!"

Unfortunately, this fellow just passed away a few weeks ago at age 15. RIP.

Attachments

• D7A_0612-nx2-ps03a_cropped-01b-xnv_698px_wide.jpg
    D7A_0612-nx2-ps03a_cropped-01b-xnv_698px_wide.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 14

Tom Mann

Guru
Thanks, for the kind words and thoughts, iDad.

If I remember correctly, I took it with one of my d700 bodies + a 105/2.8 VR macro + one on-camera SB800 flash (pointed at the ceiling, but with its bounce card up) + an SB900 (@ -1.5 stops) fired wirelessly, and also bounced off the ceiling, but located a bit in back of the cat to give a bit of rim lighting + fill in the distant background.

T

iDad

Guru
Thats over my head as far as the tech aspects but I Like the results lol

Tom Mann

Guru
The first time he did this, we completely cracked up. Then it got to be a fairly regular habit. In spite of this, it was nearly impossible to get a good shot of him in this position because whenever the camera and flashes were set up and ready to go, he would head for the hills.

What you don't see are the tiny pieces of hard cat food scattered over the floor that we used to try to lure him back into this pose.

I didn't have to do much processing of the original file, but thank God for the content aware fill to tidy up the mess on the floor. ;-)

T