What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fantasy maps

Astroida

This is a fantasy map which which is entirely done in photoshop. I believe that there is not a lot of photoshop users who do this kind of work. I tried to get an old parchment look and feel of the map. Map is purely fictional and the idea dates way back when I was a really passionate reader of fantasy books. It's an island od purely magical origin, which serves as a sanctuary for elves. That's why the mountains go around the island (which is almost impossible in real geo movements). Critique is most welcome

Trithdisil.jpg

Reminds me of the LOTR map....

But it's pretty cool I guess. The text stands out more than the map itself. Try and get the right blend to make it look more authentic.

The map looks old but the text does not.

I love it. Especially the trees! I still read fantasy books, lol. Oops. let that slip did I . . .

I agree about the text. Just experiment with a guassian blur, maybe lower the opacity or change the color to a softer brown. Nice.

Back